Virgin mobile price increase!

Found 23rd May
I got my sim only £4 deal from Black Friday now got email saying it will be £6 from 2nd July!!
Anyone else got this email?
Community Updates
AskMobilesVirgin
23 Comments
And also £4 sim deal? That’s amazing. Out of curiosity.. how many mins & data?
Merry0002 h, 32 m ago

And also £4 sim deal? That’s amazing. Out of curiosity.. how many mins & da …And also £4 sim deal? That’s amazing. Out of curiosity.. how many mins & data?

I got itbaswell. 2500 mins, its texts and 4gb data. With 50%rolling over if not used. Although some people also got the same deal with 5gb data.
if it's in excess of RPI i believe you can cancel penalty free, although i don't think you'll find anything similar available today...
Yes we signed up for '12 month contract' with virgin mobile only 2 weeks ago at £9.
They send email yesterday sayinng its going up to £10.
We only just agreed in the last 2 weeks on an offer they had, absolutely crazy how can they do this
To add insult they are still offering the £9 deal online
Edited by: "Sandy1012" 23rd May
Sandy10121 h, 13 m ago

Yes we signed up for '12 month contract' with virgin mobile only 2 weeks …Yes we signed up for '12 month contract' with virgin mobile only 2 weeks ago at £9.They send email yesterday sayinng its going up to £10. We only just agreed in the last 2 weeks on an offer they had, absolutely crazy how can they do thisTo add insult they are still offering the £9 deal online

You can switch to the new one
they are very bad for doing this as my husband's sim was £8 per month, after a couple of months it went up to £9 per month. so this does not surprise me.

it appear they don't do this to all customers as i have read comments from some customers who did not experience this sort of price hike after they take out the sim. they may hike the price up on promotional sim plans only as it is just a marketing exercise to get new customers and the likelihood is that a large proportion of customers will stay even with the price increase, like us for example.
are you sure the price is going up by that much its supposed to be 3.3% we are on the magic £4 5GB and £10 40GB rolling contracts and not even going to bother worrying about looking for a new provider as no one can beat those deals.

moneysavingexpert.com/new…ree
Virgin media are a nightmare for doing this, phone them up! I imagine it’ll be a like it or lump it, they get the volumes by going in cheap and hope people don’t cancel
Merry0008 h, 27 m ago

And also £4 sim deal? That’s amazing. Out of curiosity.. how many mins & da …And also £4 sim deal? That’s amazing. Out of curiosity.. how many mins & data?

I got 1500min,unlt text & 4gb internet for £4.
Merry00023rd May

Is it a real email?Give them a call and see what they say... I mean …Is it a real email?Give them a call and see what they say... I mean somewhere in your contract it could say that they have the right to increase prices but you never know, they might of made a mistake I mean what’s the point of the Black Friday bargain if they can increase prices whenever they like? Speak to the manager if they chat shit

I called & they said it will be 3.3% so £4.13 but the email saying £2 increased I’m confused!
S-3601 h, 44 m ago

I called & they said it will be 3.3% so £4.13 but the email saying £2 i …I called & they said it will be 3.3% so £4.13 but the email saying £2 increased I’m confused!

Ignore the email and keep an eye on your bank statements for the next month
Good luck
Got a email saying they are changing my old plan from unlimited mins texts and 2gb with 0845 and 0870 number for free to 2500mins unlimited text and 10gb for £15 which cost more than I was paying and I need unlimited mins, can they illegal change your plan.
gilbert12137 m ago

Got a email saying they are changing my old plan from unlimited mins texts …Got a email saying they are changing my old plan from unlimited mins texts and 2gb with 0845 and 0870 number for free to 2500mins unlimited text and 10gb for £15 which cost more than I was paying and I need unlimited mins, can they illegal change your plan.

I guess it depends on how long you have left on the minimum contract and if you have passed that it's if they still actually have that plan now so it's a matter of finding something close to what you use or old package
gilbert12153 m ago

Got a email saying they are changing my old plan from unlimited mins texts …Got a email saying they are changing my old plan from unlimited mins texts and 2gb with 0845 and 0870 number for free to 2500mins unlimited text and 10gb for £15 which cost more than I was paying and I need unlimited mins, can they illegal change your plan.

They can do this if you are no longer in the fixed term contract. A lot of mobile providers continue with old plans for existing customers, but not Virgin by the sound of it.
mutley116 m ago

They can do this if you are no longer in the fixed term contract. A lot of …They can do this if you are no longer in the fixed term contract. A lot of mobile providers continue with old plans for existing customers, but not Virgin by the sound of it.

It’s a 30 day rolling contract fixed, been on it for around 3/4 years now with slight price increase
ch7leach33 m ago

I guess it depends on how long you have left on the minimum contract and …I guess it depends on how long you have left on the minimum contract and if you have passed that it's if they still actually have that plan now so it's a matter of finding something close to what you use or old package

It’s a fixed 30 days rolling contract which they no longer do now, will look for another network as got my pac code now
gilbert1215 m ago

It’s a 30 day rolling contract fixed, been on it for around 3/4 years now w …It’s a 30 day rolling contract fixed, been on it for around 3/4 years now with slight price increase

You can give them 30 days notice to leave on this contract, so it also works the other way round, that they can give you 30 days notice that they will no longer continue with the contract. You have had a long run on a good deal, so doesn't sound unfair to me.
Merry00023rd May

Ignore the email and keep an eye on your bank statements for the next …Ignore the email and keep an eye on your bank statements for the next month Good luck

Thank you
Same situation in Vodafone for 3 years in a row. They ignore the complaints and no one help you. Consider another offers or companies if the increase is too high for you.
Edited by: "Pokora" 27th May
Also got an email saying it will be £6. Will use it to try and get myself a better deal. I don't think they do 30 days anymore though but I'm pretty good on the phone with them so I might be able to sort something out hopefully.
Also got the email yesterday. Going up to £6, that's a 50% increase. Anybody had any luck with them?
Aldnoah24th May

Also got an email saying it will be £6. Will use it to try and get myself …Also got an email saying it will be £6. Will use it to try and get myself a better deal. I don't think they do 30 days anymore though but I'm pretty good on the phone with them so I might be able to sort something out hopefully.

What did you achieved?
S-3609 h, 18 m ago

What did you achieved?

unfortunately nothing. Doesn’t seem like there’s any escaping this one. Yet to see anyone have success getting out of it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants