Virgin Mobile price increases goes into effect July 2nd, anyone managed to talk their way out of it yet?

Found 25th Jun
1 week to go before before the +50% price rises.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Can't you ask for your PAC code as the rise is above inflation
jb6617 m ago

Can't you ask for your PAC code as the rise is above inflation

Yeah you can leave but I wanted to see if anyone managed to keep their contract.
50% ??? where does this info come from?, link?
zirk4 m ago

50% ??? where does this info come from?, link?

It's not everyone. They emailed the people affected, basically everyone on very good deals that they don't want to honour anymore.
Well Im on a £20 tarriff and have heard nothing from Virgin, so are you saying this is now going up to £30 pm? as I am on what I would call a good deal
zirk6 m ago

Well Im on a £20 tarriff and have heard nothing from Virgin, so are you …Well Im on a £20 tarriff and have heard nothing from Virgin, so are you saying this is now going up to £30 pm? as I am on what I would call a good deal

If VM have not contacted you I'm assuming you're fine. I don't know what you get for £20 per month but I'm talking about people with deals like 5GB (Rolls over to 6GB) + 1500 mins for £4 on a 30 day rolling; 40GB (Rolls over to 60GB) + 5000 mins for £10 on 30 day rolling. There are other types but Virgin contacted people and said the prices are going up by big % from July 2nd.
They cant or shouldn't increase there Tariffs that are extremely higher than the recommended RPI or what ever its called this week, which I believe is around the 3% mark.

What they can do, as with any Network or Airtime Provider is increase your Tariff if it was discounted during its term, and the Contract term is elapsed, ie, You got a Half Price Offer of Sim Only for 12 months, say normally £10 pm but you got the Offer for £5 pm, once you Contract Term is Up, be it, 30Day, 12 Months, 24 months, what ever, etc, then they have the right and can increase the price to its original pre Offer Charges, so it will revert back to £10, other than that if its during the Term then they may or can apply the RPI increase..

Is this what your talking about??, or along the lines of this?
zirk8 m ago

They cant or shouldn't increase there Tariffs that are extremely higher …They cant or shouldn't increase there Tariffs that are extremely higher than the recommended RPI or what ever its called this week, which I believe is around the 3% mark.What they can do, as with any Network or Airtime Provider is increase your Tariff if it was discounted during its term, and the Contract term is elapsed, ie, You got a Half Price Offer of Sim Only for 12 months, say normally £10 pm but you got the Offer for £5 pm, once you Contract Term is Up, be it, 30Day, 12 Months, 24 months, what ever, etc, then they have the right and can increase the price to its original pre Offer Charges, so it will revert back to £10, other than that if its during the Term then they may or can apply the RPI increase..Is this what your talking about??, or along the lines of this?

Well yes and no. Many people took out the contracts around new year including myself where they offered 2500 mins, ultd texts and 4gb data for £4/month. These were monthly rolling contracts. Fast forward a few months and they have set an increase to £6 (albeit still a good deal) but now 50% increase. Similar scenarios with the 40gb deal at £10/month.
Aldnoah16 m ago

If VM have not contacted you I'm assuming you're fine. I don't know what …If VM have not contacted you I'm assuming you're fine. I don't know what you get for £20 per month but I'm talking about people with deals like 5GB (Rolls over to 6GB) + 1500 mins for £4 on a 30 day rolling; 40GB (Rolls over to 60GB) + 5000 mins for £10 on 30 day rolling. There are other types but Virgin contacted people and said the prices are going up by big % from July 2nd.

Right, so your talking about a 30 Day contract, which I assume was up a long time ago, then they can pretty much do what ever they want within reason, they could say this package is no longer available or its available under a different or simular package for £X per month, ie the same, cheaper or more money.

Most, not all will keep your 30 Day Contract rolling with some possible RPI increases, EE are quiet good for this, where as other Networks just want you off it, or its a Shack Up call for a renewal Contract (Makes there figures look good) but as said there not legally obildged to once the Contract is up
Spoke to them a few weeks ago as they were putting up my wife’s tariff from £4 to £6. offered me their £5 tariff but would be effective immediately. They suggested that I wait a month and ask again. Looks like that tariff is no longer available. Will try ringing again in a few days time.
Edited by: "sydney871" 25th Jun
sydney8718 m ago

Spoke to them a few weeks ago as they were putting up my wife’s tariff f …Spoke to them a few weeks ago as they were putting up my wife’s tariff from £4 to £6. offered me their £5 tariff but would be effective immediately. They suggested that I wait a month and ask again. Looks like that tariff is no longer available. Will try ringing again in a few days time.

Yea, well, you cant win them all so to speak, what any Network really wants is people to be tired into 12 or 24 month Contracts, the 30 Day contracts are really just Teasers to get you onboard or lure in PAYG Customers over to Contract.

Whilst I do sympathize with Tarrif increase, no likes to pay more than they were, it does sound like you were on a good deal and paying an extra 2 quid is still a good deal, at least Virgin have offered you something for a Fiver and told you to wait.
I spoke to the CEO customer service team after sending them an email, took 15 days of them messing around before finally getting to speak to someone. Their excuse is that for some of us our packages are not commercially viable, that includes our 3 £4 sims but not my daughters £10 40Gb one with rollover strangely or my in laws same £4 sims. The guy was full of apologies but said nothing that can be done. So we have the option to leave but we are on a 30 day contract any way. For £6 we won’t be able to get 5GB but if I find that the in laws don’t get an increase it will be a request for three PACs just out of principle.

anything outside of RPI is allowed but you get 30days to cancel.
Edited by: "eslick" 25th Jun
zirk2 h, 58 m ago

They cant or shouldn't increase there Tariffs that are extremely higher …They cant or shouldn't increase there Tariffs that are extremely higher than the recommended RPI ...

Any provider can do whatever it chooses with tariffs. If the customer decides the new terms are unacceptable the customer has a timeframe to reject the new terms and terminate the arrangement earlier than originally agreed, all without penalty.
zirk25th Jun

Yea, well, you cant win them all so to speak, what any Network really …Yea, well, you cant win them all so to speak, what any Network really wants is people to be tired into 12 or 24 month Contracts, the 30 Day contracts are really just Teasers to get you onboard or lure in PAYG Customers over to Contract.Whilst I do sympathize with Tarrif increase, no likes to pay more than they were, it does sound like you were on a good deal and paying an extra 2 quid is still a good deal, at least Virgin have offered you something for a Fiver and told you to wait.

Rang them up today they said the £5 tariff is no longer available but they increased my data from the 1gb to 2 gb for £6 pm.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants