Virgin Mobile replacement Sim now won't work on phone locked to EE

Found 11th Jan
Just a heads up that if you have a phone locked to EE previously you could use a virgin sim. However after accepting an offer to swap my simply 8p tariff to a monthly tariff called Basic 0 where I get unlimited landlines, unlimited texts and unlimited virgin to virgin mobiles for £0 (does not include calls to other mobile networks) they sent me new sim. Swapped over today and now won't work on my iPhone 5. Customers services not able to help just confirmed that new simple are different type and no longer work for ee locked phones.
Community Updates
MiscMobilePhones
3 Comments
I currently have a pay as you go sim on Virgin that is in a phone locked to EE so are you saying that if I get a new Virgin sim at all it will no longer work? I put this current new sim in a couple of months ago.
Original Poster
Yes that's what happened to me. They never mentioned it when they said I'd need a new sim and it never occurred to me that it wouldn't work as I had a virgin sim working. Unless you need to change sim in order to get 4g I'd decline any offer of a new sim
XSerenityX10 h, 39 m ago

I currently have a pay as you go sim on Virgin that is in a phone locked …I currently have a pay as you go sim on Virgin that is in a phone locked to EE so are you saying that if I get a new Virgin sim at all it will no longer work? I put this current new sim in a couple of months ago.

They are changing to a less supported EE model, getting rid of red sims replacing them with their own purple ones eventually everyone will need one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants