virgin mobile UK number required

Found 15th Dec 2011
Ive been charged for sending pic messages when I have not sent any. they are claiming ive sent 135 pic messages this last month when in fact i have sent 0 via the inbuilt text message system. any pic I send is always via whatsapp or email. had the contract for a few months and ive been using whatsapp since then and no charges and suddenly my bill shows me sending 135 pic messages.

got the statement and it all looks like a computer fault. gone through my message history for the days and time and ive sent no such pic messages for any of the dates or time. heck,ive never sent a pic message via the text message thing.

so want a number to speak to a person from virgin mobile within the UK.

ANY HELP?
Community Updates
11 Comments
If you're a customer already call 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone, or 0845 6000 789 from a landline.

If you'd like to become a customer or if you need help choosing a phone or accessory just call 0845 650 4500.

Calls to 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone are absolutely free and if you'd like to speak to one of our team, it'll cost you just 10p per call.

Edited by: "ScrewYou" 15th Dec 2011
I dont think there is one.
My mum had a problem with them and the only way to get a uk operator is to through the options to end your contract then you get a uk call centre
Thats how we did it
Edited by: "bigwheels" 15th Dec 2011
thanks everyone!!!

will try the methods outlined above.
bigwheels

I dont think there is one.My mum had a problem with them and the only way … I dont think there is one.My mum had a problem with them and the only way to get a uk operator is to through the options to end your contract then you get a uk call centreThats how we did it

tried that and went through to the south african call centre.......through me for a second as they spoke good english but i asked that is that a UK call centre and they said no. i apologised and sid goodbye.

hhhmmmm
why do you not want a refund from an overseas operator? will they refund you in south africans rands or something?
I can understand if they have given you any issues, but putting the phone down without even asking for your refund?
Edited by: "manc80" 15th Dec 2011
They might not bw picture messages, they may just be long texts. When you test someone and it exceeds a certain number of characters, usually 3 pages on my Galaxy S, it changes from a SMS message to a MMS message and you get charged accordingly, which is outwith your text allowance. My guess is that is what is happening in your case.
4leafed

They might not bw picture messages, they may just be long texts. When you … They might not bw picture messages, they may just be long texts. When you test someone and it exceeds a certain number of characters, usually 3 pages on my Galaxy S, it changes from a SMS message to a MMS message and you get charged accordingly, which is outwith your text allowance. My guess is that is what is happening in your case.

Checked the messages and the messages sent are are simple one short sentence answers or ive not even sent anything on that date or time to that person listed on the statement. I never send out long text messages so writing a text 3 pages worth is definately not me. And checked the dates on the statement with regards to date and time for messages sent and the majority dont even correspond with any messages sent to that person on that date and time. I don't delete my text messages as really no need to with these modern day smartphones so its not as if I have sent the messages and then deleted them.
Edited by: "EN1GMA" 15th Dec 2011
manc80

why do you not want a refund from an overseas operator? will they refund … why do you not want a refund from an overseas operator? will they refund you in south africans rands or something? I can understand if they have given you any issues, but putting the phone down without even asking for your refund?

spoke to 3 overseas operators for about a hour yesterday evening and could not get anywhere. they just kept on giving me the company line that the computer shows you have so.............
ScrewYou

Calls to 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone are absolutely free and if … Calls to 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone are absolutely free and if you'd like to speak to one of our team, it'll cost you just 10p per call.

Eh? So you can call the number for free, but if you actually speak to anyone then you get charged??
well im lucky to have a virgin media store in my city centre so may end up going there kicking up a fuss as atleast I will be speaking to someone directly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants