Groups

Virgin or Sky?

Hey everyone, I recently finished a 12 month contract with sky and because they didnt offer me anything to stay (not even the 1/2 price tv for 6 months!) I left and might sign up with the mrs name. However, now Ive found out that I can finally get virgin in my area im stuck with which to choose. Any recommendations? TV wont get watched much as we are both out for the best part of the day at work, broadband will see the most use and calls are pretty standard whoever you are with!

17 Comments

Banned

personal opinion is sky, ring daily and ask about deals as each person on the phone will offer different things ( or nothing ), virgin tv i found slow and sluggish and their internet is so so, peak times i hated it and when i uploaded/downloaded it was even worse and they capped alot.

sky tv i love, re subbed as got half price for 12months which was great i like their internet its just at peak times it slows down abit ( as im a heavy user ) so i stuck with BE as constant great speeds.

my opinion stick with sky as you already have BT line, if you go to virgin youl have to pay for a new line etc.

Original Poster

I dont have a line anymore, my tv, phone and broadband inc line rental was with sky!

Banned

dh058977

I dont have a line anymore, my tv, phone and broadband inc line rental … I dont have a line anymore, my tv, phone and broadband inc line rental was with sky!

youl still have a line there it just wont be active.

meaning you wont have to have a new line if you wanted to go back to sky they would just flick a switch as im sure they rent their lines from BT.

Edited by: "HybridTheory" 5th Jun 2011

virgin are really bad for capping b/b speeds at peak time unless you go for the more expensive b/b

From past experience sky... VM had to pay us £500 in compensation for effectively trashing our hallway and lounge when they came 6 years ago - I'd either await the lovely letter asking you to go back to them, or call and explain your situation - but don't say you have no phone line as they'll use that against you

Guess it's hit or miss either way, I'm with VM and never had a bad word to say about them, customer service has always been basic and tedious when it comes to broadband support, but after doing a networking degree I know what I'm doing lol, speeds are blazing fast, never gets capped unless you do some OTT downloading, V+hd box is a good bit of kit as well and the missus mum got sky ripped out to get virgin as well, says she's a lot happier now...

Banned

virgin all the way, especially with the cashback

then just get a cheap mobile from pc world (free after cashback) and stick an asda sim card in it and use it for outgoing calls from home (only 8p per minute / 4p per text and no 10p connection charge!).

Banned

I would rather chew my arm off than use Virgin.

Sky might not be everyone's cup of tea, but Virgin bring dishonesty to another level.

Go for neither. Get a dreambox instead! X)

guv

Virgin bring dishonesty to another level.

you gotta give details if your gonna make a statement like that.

Banned

callmejoe

you gotta give details if your gonna make a statement like that.

I've done so on here on numerous occasions. Last time in a thread about direct debit with virgin in a thread BT dudeygeezer only last week.

Virgin are dishonest....... There, I said it again!

If broadband is your priority it can only be Virgin.

Original Poster

csiman

virgin all the way, especially with the cashbackthen just get a cheap … virgin all the way, especially with the cashbackthen just get a cheap mobile from pc world (free after cashback) and stick an asda sim card in it and use it for outgoing calls from home (only 8p per minute / 4p per text and no 10p connection charge!).

Can you get a tv, phone and broadband pack and still get quidco?

Banned

Just off the phone to sky. An hour threatening to leave for VM before they agreed to send an engineer out FOC.

Banned

dh058977

Can you get a tv, phone and broadband pack and still get quidco?

topcashback.co.uk/vir…ia/

Banned

csiman

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/virgin_media/

It was £150 a week ago!

Banned

guv

It was £150 a week ago!

yeah, it changes quite a bit. I would wait until its back to £150+

With regards to Sky I just kept phoning up and asking for offers, different departments seem to state different things.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mil track and trace11
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826347
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714461
      4. Get £20 Pizza Express Gift Voucher if code doesn't work via Vouchercodes68

See more discussions