VIRGIN PENDOLINO TRAINS : COACH "G" NOW STANDARD CLASS UNTIL SEPTEMBER

Found 16th Jul 2008
Regular travellers on Virgin Trains will know that the 9-car Pendolino trains consist of 5 standard class carriages and four first class. This evening, before boarding a train in Liverpool, I was pleased spot a sign stating that coach "G" (which has first class seating) is assigned to standard class until about mid-September. This is because the balance of standard/first passenger numbers changes during the school summer holidays. So, if you are planning a standard class trip on Virgin Trains in the coming weeks, check out coach "G". It makes for a much more comfortable ride at no extra charge. I'm assuming that the change is system-wide, but I've only actually seen it on the Euston-Liverpool route.

7 Comments

Pendolinos are sucky...

Bring back the 86/87/90 + MK3 + DVT sets :P

It's not really that much more comfortable TBH anyway IMO...

emasu;2536915

Pendolinos are sucky...Bring back the 86/87/90 + MK3 + DVT sets :PIt's … Pendolinos are sucky...Bring back the 86/87/90 + MK3 + DVT sets :PIt's not really that much more comfortable TBH anyway IMO...

:giggle: Now that really is the geekiest comment ever! Nice one emasu :thumbsup:

PS Welcome to hukd emp18, thats an interesting first post! Will keep an eye out if I'm sitting on a virgin anytime soon

jah128;2536961

:giggle: Now that really is the geekiest comment ever! Nice one emasu … :giggle: Now that really is the geekiest comment ever! Nice one emasu :thumbsup:PS Welcome to hukd emp18, thats an, er, interesting first post!

I am to please ;-)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Virgin_Trains_class_87_%26_train.jpg
WIN

Surely it would pee off the people actually paying for 1st class tickets

donnydude;2537005

Surely it would pee off the people actually paying for 1st class tickets

Boo-hoo-hoo :giggle:

If the Department for transport and whoever would have been quicker, the pendolinos would already have a 10th car, but alas they were slow doing it

jah128;2536961

Will keep an eye out if I'm sitting on a virgin anytime soon

Yes ... cough ... I'll try to do the same. But it might be hard to concentrate on trains in such a situation :w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Money Saving Tips...2341
    2. Which wall design do you like best?89
    3. word association Game74244939
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901

See more discussions