Anyone negotiated anything similar?

There is a VIP deal for £85 for new customers

1. Ask
  2. Virgin
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Virgin
20 Comments

ive just switched to sky,went from 150mb broadband to sky fibre max and cannot tell the difference.plus get land line,sports,cinema,box sets.£51 a month,virgin were not interested in offering a deal after 15 years,best move and saving £38 month

Yeah sky seem to have much better upload speeds I get 100 down 6 up. Someone I know on sky gets 36 down 8.5 up

If there's anything I've learned being with VM since it was NTL is your ability to haggle largely depends on other current deals being offered by the other main suppliers BT/Sky at the time, it also helps if you phone up armed with details of an alternate deal or details of the deal a friend of family member is on. Be polite, don't be afraid to sound humble (poor) as I find they are far more generous if you make out you can't quite afford something rather than just phone up making demands or threats.

youve got no chance. they wasnt interested in giving me any retention deal so switched to sky

1tb sky q
fibre max (getting 55-60mb)
box sets
anytime talk

£26.31p/m with just £10 set up

sky q is a £100 setup as far as i know as new lnb and other costs

i have full package, 3 boxes and pay £65 a month

Just get bb and kodi box iptv

I phoned virgin to give30 days notice was offered a new deal told them I still intended to quit 2 days later they phoned back with a new offer got 2 boxes full house tvxl sky cinema bt sports vivid 200 optical fibre talk weekends plus the 1st month free for £55.00 a month 12 month contract I am sure you could get what you want for a similar price if not better my outlook is don't accept the 1st deal offered good luck

Original Poster

Cheers for feedback all. Retention lines open tomorrow. So will give it a go. If no good. Switch to BT. But only ever hear how bad there customer service is

Original Poster

jambri

I phoned virgin to give30 days notice was offered a new deal told them I … I phoned virgin to give30 days notice was offered a new deal told them I still intended to quit 2 days later they phoned back with a new offer got 2 boxes full house tvxl sky cinema bt sports vivid 200 optical fibre talk weekends plus the 1st month free for £55.00 a month 12 month contract I am sure you could get what you want for a similar price if not better my outlook is don't accept the 1st deal offered good luck

I want this deal!

I handed in my notice with VM £66 a month for 100meg broadband and unlimited calls and basic TV (never used as we have sky) - tried to join BT January sale of 52meg broadband and unlimited calls for £36 a month to be told I can't port my number (which is vital) best Virgin offered me at the time was £49 a month even though I explained the BT deal to them at the time. VM have not rung me at all to keep my custom.

Any advice on how I tackle calling Virgin to try to negotiate? I'm 8days into my 30days cancelation notice.
Edited by: "hassanomar" 3rd Jan

hassanomar

I handed in my notice with VM £66 a month for 100meg broadband and … I handed in my notice with VM £66 a month for 100meg broadband and unlimited calls and basic TV (never used as we have sky) - tried to join BT January sale of 52meg broadband and unlimited calls for £36 a month to be told I can't port my number (which is vital) best Virgin offered me at the time was £49 a month even though I explained the BT deal to them at the time. VM have not rung me at all to keep my custom. Any advice on how I tackle calling Virgin to try to negotiate? I'm 8days into my 30days cancelation notice.

They can ring you the day before connection. I cancelled my TV, got bb and p.line £20 month and got a kodi box and subscribed to an IPTV

Original Poster

38 mins on hold... baby woke up... will try again later.

Can I say I am leaving and if I don't get a call, having given my 30 days notice - reconnect with Virgin if I choose to?

ericagradus

38 mins on hold... baby woke up... will try again later.Can I say I am … 38 mins on hold... baby woke up... will try again later.Can I say I am leaving and if I don't get a call, having given my 30 days notice - reconnect with Virgin if I choose to?

You can ring the day before to cancel your disconnection if you wish,they've always rang me before that happens though

I just spoke to them (currently on 100meg broadband and unlimited calls and basic tv) - best he could offer me was upgrade to 150meg new router hub and unlimited calls on a 12month deal at £48 a month or 18month deal £43 for 6 months then £48 for 12months if I pay line rental upfront (£190)then those figures would go down

hassanomar

I just spoke to them (currently on 100meg broadband and unlimited calls … I just spoke to them (currently on 100meg broadband and unlimited calls and basic tv) - best he could offer me was upgrade to 150meg new router hub and unlimited calls on a 12month deal at £48 a month or 18month deal £43 for 6 months then £48 for 12months if I pay line rental upfront (£190)then those figures would go down

You have to wait for them to ring you for best deals

Original Poster

So we've cancelled. After over 30 mins on hold, 30 mins of talking to an advisor. I was told £89 for 6 months. Then up to £98. Only £85 for new customers with more packages. New v6. Boxes. Faster broadband.

ericagradus

So we've cancelled. After over 30 mins on hold, 30 mins of talking to an … So we've cancelled. After over 30 mins on hold, 30 mins of talking to an advisor. I was told £89 for 6 months. Then up to £98. Only £85 for new customers with more packages. New v6. Boxes. Faster broadband.

They will ring back, I have 50mb bb which is more than enough

hassanomar

I handed in my notice with VM £66 a month for 100meg broadband and … I handed in my notice with VM £66 a month for 100meg broadband and unlimited calls and basic TV (never used as we have sky) - tried to join BT January sale of 52meg broadband and unlimited calls for £36 a month to be told I can't port my number (which is vital) best Virgin offered me at the time was £49 a month even though I explained the BT deal to them at the time. VM have not rung me at all to keep my custom. Any advice on how I tackle calling Virgin to try to negotiate? I'm 8days into my 30days cancelation notice.

sit tight,look around for better deals now,i was phoned 3 weeks in. the guy said are you going to sky i said i am talking to them he just said i cant compete with them and put the phone down,now with sky and far better off

Original Poster

I keep missing their calls. But as said, they ring back after you cancel

billythefish

sit tight,look around for better deals now,i was phoned 3 weeks in. the … sit tight,look around for better deals now,i was phoned 3 weeks in. the guy said are you going to sky i said i am talking to them he just said i cant compete with them and put the phone down,now with sky and far better off

​Thanks for letting me know nearly 2 weeks in and was getting worried that wasnt even called - when I left sky I had phonecalls everyday!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315414
    2. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    3. word association Game74244894
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions