Virgin Stealing money

Found 15th Oct 2015
I'm sorry but Virgin have lost two loyal customers, we have been with Virgin for 2 years was have 2 30 day rolling contracts with them and we are now leaving.

Why? We after reviewing our mobile bills we have noticed once a year in August our tariffs have been going up so we started off with a £15 tariff 1yr later this has automatically gone up to £16.50 this was low enough for us not to notice it. This year its gone up to £19 a month... There's no communications to say this is going to happen or anything on the emails.

So I call them up they say this is perfectly normal for Virgin to "tweak" the bills once a year to "help" (Helps Virgins fill pockets) So I ask if there is anyway we can opt out of this "service" I'm placed on hold for 5 minutes and told no there isn't. Wow seriously? What a joke, Bye bye Virgin.

Check your bills, we just thought we was going over a little each month, and because its paperless you're blind to the tariff price and the extras.
Community Updates
MiscMobilesVirginSim Only
15 Comments
might be paperless but do you not get emails of your bills or look to see what is going out of your account each month?
Retail Price Index

The charge for your tariff will increase with your July bill each year. … The charge for your tariff will increase with your July bill each year. Any increase will be in line with the Retail Price Index (RPI) rate of inflation at the time, and we’ll always give you 30 days’ notice of the exact increase each year.

Could that explain the increases?
Edited by: "RossD89" 15th Oct 2015
All phone contracts increase each year in line with the national interest rate.
Ridiculous to suggest Virgin put up your bill without telling you.
Does the £19.00 a month tariff gives you unlimited data, text and calls?
same thing happened to my 12 months broadband contract with virgin. when i called them back they simply said they have the right to do so. Sure if you look back at the contract there is a footnote saying so, but I am pretty sure their staff did not bring this clause to my attention before i signed the contract. they just give you a bunch of papers and good luck reading them. Note that mine was a 12 months contract not even a 30 days rolling contract.
csyxwang

I am pretty sure their staff did not bring this clause to my attention … I am pretty sure their staff did not bring this clause to my attention before i signed the contract.

hahahaha!!!

Stop it, you're killing me
X) X) X) gotta laugh really ..
Move to Three, never had that type of issue and cheap tarrifs - currently on £10 plus £3 all you can eat on a sim only
Paying virgin media £5-6/mo for past 3 years on 30 day rolling contract without any increase, in fact during the time it's gone down from £5.50 - 6 to now £5 and getting more (mins increased over year when I called from 200 to 300 to now 600).

600 mins, unlim texts & 1gb data x2 sims
Edited by: "Myriad" 15th Oct 2015
davewave

Move to Three, never had that type of issue and cheap tarrifs - currently … Move to Three, never had that type of issue and cheap tarrifs - currently on £10 plus £3 all you can eat on a sim only

All you can eat?

You'll get fat.
davewave

Move to Three, never had that type of issue and cheap tarrifs - currently … Move to Three, never had that type of issue and cheap tarrifs - currently on £10 plus £3 all you can eat on a sim only

​Another misinformation post....you won't get this deal.
if you checked your statements and your direct debits regularly you would have spotted the increase as soon as it happened even if you didn't get the emails/ letters. Have to worry what else you have missed especially of you haven't got paperless billing

and as everyone knows when virgin put the price up you jump at them and get them to offer you a great deal for less than £8 think the last one was.
barrel24

All phone contracts increase each year in line with the national interest … All phone contracts increase each year in line with the national interest rate.

​Tesco mobile ones don't
I've been with virgin media for TV , broadband etc for years now and the tariffs go up every year. But we have always been given notice of this in a letter ! without fail
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions