Groups

Virgin superfibre 50 Broadband Only

Hi hoping somebody can help.

We've been looking at virgin superfibre 50 Broadband Only deal for £22 we missed the £18 deal.

We never use the house phone it's unplugged.

What would happen if after the 12 months we left virgin and went elsewhere? Would we have to pay for the phone line to be reconnected

9 Comments

Depends who you went to I'd have thought. I left a VM broadband only deal last summer and went to BT. I didn't have to pay to get the phone line reconnected.

I don't think you would have to.We moved house and didn't have to pay when I joined sky because phone line was connected from previous tenants. Same here - never use phone - hate that I have to pay land line charges. I'm thinking of upgrading to sky unlimited fibre for extra £9 a month ( cos we got tv package)

No you will not get charged pal I work for virgin media

No the socket is there regardless.

hi Bettz can you send link to the deal

Shoudnt get charged but it's possible. Just remember to look around when you switch. And remember that you can always haggle as they won't want to lose a customer! Don't forget to apply for virgin media with a friend and get £50 credit each, or hook me up

out of interest having just left BT fibre inc phone line for Virgin 100 with phone line I didnt realize there is a £30+ charge for disconnecting the broadband off the phone line - this doesn't occur if you move to an ISP who takes over the phone line but if you leave completely they do
    ps look for discount codes i.e VMVBOX50
    Edited by: "hmv4u" 22nd Jan

hmv4u

out of interest having just left BT fibre inc phone line for Virgin 100 … out of interest having just left BT fibre inc phone line for Virgin 100 with phone line I didnt realize there is a £30+ charge for disconnecting the broadband off the phone line - this doesn't occur if you move to an ISP who takes over the phone line but if you leave completely they dops look for discount codes i.e VMVBOX50

The cease charge doesn't apply to everyone, depends where you live and the circumstances for the cease.

You may have to pay to have new line installed. It depends on demand. When disconnected, they may allocate the unused line apparatus to a new customer, depending on how much capacity they have in the cabinet. Then you will need to get a new installation, which can be expensive. It happens. A few years ago I had to pay for whole new installation, even though previous owner has only been discoonected for 10 days. Anyhow, that was what the BT engineer explained to me.

That was 8 years ago, so it may be different now, but don't count on it. Check with BT.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767266
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452
      4. love affairs1445

See more discussions