Virgin Tivo Now works with wireless keyboard

Found 24th Nov 2011
This is more a heads up rather than a deal but since Virgin pushed out the update for Tivo this week, wireless keyboards now work on it. I have just tried my logitech Wii keyboard and it works perfectly.

5 Comments

What technology is the wireless keyboard? Bluetooth using an USB adapter?

not familar with the TiVo but why would one want to connect their keyboard to it? can you browse the net via the TiVo unit?

EN1GMA

not familar with the TiVo but why would one want to connect their … not familar with the TiVo but why would one want to connect their keyboard to it? can you browse the net via the TiVo unit?

Youtube and for entering text when searching for shows/setting wishlists. (there maybe other occasions/apps that use it)

There are also apps for iPhone and Android that allow you to controll your TiVo and enter text.

To be honest I find the onscreen keyboard ok.

Edited by: "Richierea" 24th Nov 2011

Original Poster

CyDoNiA

What technology is the wireless keyboard? Bluetooth using an USB adapter?

Yes it's Bluetooth with the USB adapter. It's handy for searching listings and youtube. Better than using the remote.

I think after the update you can use the number buttons as a keypad like txting on a mobile now. Not predictive but the other way. Haven't tried it yet though it's good to know about the keyboard could come in handy.
Post a comment
@
    Text