virgin tv package

Found 22nd Apr 2017
Omg virgin I've had a gutful of this! Tivo box has got to be the most uninteractive system ever so slow to use & I've done all resets & tricks you can do to it! Constantly unable to watch on demand so annoying to use, got the fastest broadband available but Omg keeps throwing us out of that, keeps going down, have been without a phone line in the past for over week only to be told when fixed it was an error by one of there technical experts, the only saving grace is I've got until Aug then I can leave so come July I will be cancelling! Anyone no of good deals looking at sky & would consider BT? Many thanks for listening at my rant!
Community Updates
MiscTVVirgin
12 Comments
http://a66.tinypic.com/1zgycqu.jpg
Original Poster
Hahahaha
Switched from Sky to Virgin in November. OMG what a mistake that was, the Virgin box is so slow, constantly see the circle whirling round and round, has weird recording behaviour, starts recording then get some pixelation and recording changes to another program. Long winded way of recording, seeing recorded programs, seems an endless process of button pressing and waiting for screen to change. November can't come soon enough so we can go back to Sky.
The v6 box is a massive improvement, seriously it's miles better than the TiVo boxes. Try and get a retention deal if you're out of contract as they are usually quite generous though it can be a bit of hassle negotiating.
The v6 improves the speed of TiVo and they charge old customers (as always) a handful for it is a joke as it doesn't have many if any new features.

Sky recently increased pricing on TV packages so I don't find it attractive, they'll offer 50% off live chat very easily but thats it for new custs. May be decent if you don't want HD channels and settle for the Variety package.

Edited by: "kiish" 22nd Apr 2017
Original Poster
I don't know if the v6 box would be enough to persuade me to stay with them! I suppose it would all depend on what price the whole service would be!
Internet speed should be a national issue its pitiful, The Romanians get proper fast internet and pay a pittance for it.
The Virgin TV Anywhere app is useless, cannot even log into it. The Sky app worked seamlessly. The only good thing for me with Virgin TV is, when it came to viewing a recorded program with adds in, you'd fast forward the adds, and if you went past the adds, playback would start from the end of the adds (I hope that makes sense).
Banned
I'm leaving them when I'm out of contract in a few months
I must be lucky then. My TV Anywhere works, my V6 box is great and the Tivo box up in the bedroom runs reasonably quickly, although not compared to the V6. The internet works, I get the occasional wobble where a refresh on the website fixes it and I'm paying only £85 a month for two boxes, all the channels inc Sports and Movies, 200MB internet which generally runs at around 150 and a phone line with unlimited calls - £40 less than Sky were offering me without the movies at my contract renewal (although I know I could've got that down a lot lower without too much effort)

The only thing that might get me back to Sky would be a repeat of the Black Friday deal with a free 4K TV or something better - although I'll wait until the Q boxes get sorted first
Edited by: "Cakeboy79" 23rd Apr 2017
deleted1431257
BT changed the user interface for TV, and made it worse. The navigation is slow and buggy, the guide used to have the TV programme in the corner but now that has been removed, and the worst is reminders now take up the entire screen.
Cakeboy79

I must be lucky then. My TV Anywhere works, my V6 box is great and the … I must be lucky then. My TV Anywhere works, my V6 box is great and the Tivo box up in the bedroom runs reasonably quickly, although not compared to the V6. The internet works, I get the occasional wobble where a refresh on the website fixes it and I'm paying only £85 a month for two boxes, all the channels inc Sports and Movies, 200MB internet which generally runs at around 150 and a phone line with unlimited calls - £40 less than Sky were offering me without the movies at my contract renewal (although I know I could've got that down a lot lower without too much effort)The only thing that might get me back to Sky would be a repeat of the Black Friday deal with a free 4K TV or something better - although I'll wait until the Q boxes get sorted first

you've got a good deal there i reckon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions