Groups

Virgin TV XL + V+ Box - Worth it?

I am currently paying £38/month (which I think might be going up next month because i've had L broadband for 3 months now) but I am considering getting TV XL and a V+ box because I miss a lot of programs I want to watch and would love to be able to record whole series etc etc

Do you think it is worth it?

Do you think I can talk Virgin into giving me a better deal and if so what should I say? I've had a good offer from sky (including sky plus)?

Let me know!

9 Comments

Well call them and tell them you want to get Sky etc and see what they offer. I like V+, use it all time. Sky is more expensive, but there are more channels and you can pick what you want. You never own the V+ box but they will fix it for as long as you have it. You own the Sky Plus box, but after a year you need insurance to get it fixed.

Im with virgin, on XL tv. Tv choice on demand, music on demand, catch up tv all available on virgin and I am pretty happy

By the way, I have XL tv + V+ box, M bb and Mtv and its £33 a month I think

Original Poster

Is it best to ring them between 9-5 so I don't get an indian call center or doesn't it matter so much when trying to haggle a better deal?

Sounds like you got a good price but I love my 10mb broadband, essential for downloading games/movies!

I am still on a 12month contract with them which I signed in September last year, but I upgraded to Broadband L about 3 months ago... is that basically a new 12month contract starting 3 months ago or am I still able to cancel in September?

same here wouldn't be without my V+ box, i have a good deal to but you need to be in a position to haggle, I was leaving so they was keen to help.

rwm24;5500495

Is it best to ring them between 9-5 so I don't get an indian call center … Is it best to ring them between 9-5 so I don't get an indian call center or doesn't it matter so much when trying to haggle a better deal?Sounds like you got a good price but I love my 10mb broadband, essential for downloading games/movies!I am still on a 12month contract with them which I signed in September last year, but I upgraded to Broadband L about 3 months ago... is that basically a new 12month contract starting 3 months ago or am I still able to cancel in September?

Do you have their phone link now? If so call 151, option 5 I think it is (puts you through to customer services). Puts you through to a non indian call centre. I dont know if you signed a new 12 month contract, possibly not (if they never wrote to you to tell you and informed you that on phone). Best off asking that when you call. (ask when your contract ends)

Original Poster

bargainhunter2009;5500634

Do you have their phone link now? If so call 151, option 5 I think it is … Do you have their phone link now? If so call 151, option 5 I think it is (puts you through to customer services). Puts you through to a non indian call centre. I dont know if you signed a new 12 month contract, possibly not (if they never wrote to you to tell you and informed you that on phone). Best off asking that when you call. (ask when your contract ends)

I was planning on just calling 151 I got a letter saying you've upgraded etc etc but I don't think it said anything about a new contract.

I will have to talk to my girlfriend before I call because i'll end up just saying yes if they give me a good deal without consulting her

rwm24;5500708

I was planning on just calling 151 I got a letter saying you've … I was planning on just calling 151 I got a letter saying you've upgraded etc etc but I don't think it said anything about a new contract.I will have to talk to my girlfriend before I call because i'll end up just saying yes if they give me a good deal without consulting her

I dont think upgrading would usually be a new contract anyway. Yeh call 151 but some options will still put you through to indian call centre!!!

V+ Changes the way you watch TV for ever.
    I never watch anything live anymore.

The V+ box is great but one thing you got to remember is if you dont get them to offer some sort of deal & i dont think they will while in still on contract the V+ box will cost you a one off payment of £100

Banned

get a humax freeview recorder. about £120 with a 2 year warranty. I struggle to watch all that gets recorded.

then just go down to M BB (10mb) and phone line rental, all for £18.50 per month saving at least £250 EVERY year!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions