Virgin V6 box

Posted 26th Dec 2019
Just had Virgin installed and the router and hub are in one corner of the room, the TV in another. The only connection to the TV is the HDMI cable, is there a way to connect them without the HDMI cable so that I don't have to run a cable round the room?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
No it’s needs to be connected with a cable, you can always get a cable tunnel to make it look neater
Why didn’t virgin install where the TV is? U can extend the cable from the original location to where you need it But wires will be visible and either way do u really want to point the Virgin remote To the other side of the room
Aaronnnn26/12/2019 22:28

Why didn’t virgin install where the TV is? U can extend the cable from the …Why didn’t virgin install where the TV is? U can extend the cable from the original location to where you need it But wires will be visible and either way do u really want to point the Virgin remote To the other side of the room

I’ve got the v6 box and I can’t point the remote anywhere in the room and it will work
Arto26/12/2019 22:30

I’ve got the v6 box and I can’t point the remote anywhere in the room and i …I’ve got the v6 box and I can’t point the remote anywhere in the room and it will work

Ah ok, it’s difficultly In all honestly as somone said you can run an hdmi but it’s a thick cable And visible not unless you want to trunk it or run a cat 6 cable (thin and easily hides) and buy cat 6 to hdmi converters
Aaronnnn26/12/2019 22:28

Why didn’t virgin install where the TV is? U can extend the cable from the …Why didn’t virgin install where the TV is? U can extend the cable from the original location to where you need it But wires will be visible and either way do u really want to point the Virgin remote To the other side of the room

I should have said the box was already installed, I've just had it activated.
Doesn't matter where the box is, the remote works wherever you point it
steadyeddie26/12/2019 22:34

I should have said the box was already installed, I've just had it …I should have said the box was already installed, I've just had it activated. Doesn't matter where the box is, the remote works wherever you point it

You can get a wireless hdmi transmitter but will set you back over £100, you can get a wire tunnel from B&Q for about £10
I've read somewhere that powerline cables can be used...is that just for the internet and I would still need HDMI?
steadyeddie26/12/2019 23:07

I've read somewhere that powerline cables can be used...is that just for …I've read somewhere that powerline cables can be used...is that just for the internet and I would still need HDMI?

That's just for the broadband
Slightly confused. It's irrelevant where the router and hub are - V6 can connect to broadband wirelessly. Are you saying there is no coax cable near your TV and if so, the VM team should have run it externally (if possible) to your TV. Eg, I have a junction box for the TV Coax in the corner of the lunge and a separate box for broadband in my study (and a third in my kitchen).
If there isn't a junction box near you TV have the left you a long coax cable to run along the room to the TV? Or have they really connected the V6 with a short coax in one corner a long way from the TV? If the latter, I would getting the back to do a proper job or you will need a long coax cable to move the V6 to the TV. The V6 does not need to be connected via Ethernet cable to the router - wifi works fine, esp if it is in the same room.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions