Virginmedia 500mb broadband, Mixit package, talk weekends, 5gb Unlimited Mins & Texts for £47p/m - retention offer

Posted 10th Sep
My contract recently came to an end and my existing package which was 200mb with the Maxit package and talk weekends was going up from £57 to £79. I contacted them and outbound retentions team couldn't give me anything better.
I looked online and saw an offer for new customers for 500mb broadband with Mixit and talk weekends for the £47.
Within a day i got a call from the inbound retentions team and explained to them what i wanted and the offer ive seen online, they said they will be happy to match it and also add a 5gb sim card with unlimited minutes and texts. Snapped at the opportunity.

If you do have any issues with it, just cancel you existing contract.
Go onto their website and select their basic tv, broadband and telephone contract. Select contract and personalize, click on the 500mb broadband and it should come to the same price. When doing the contract just use any other householders name, you can use your previous bank details and sign up to a new contract. Obviously this way you wont get the offer including the sim card. But still a great deal.
Community Updates
5 Comments
Virgin retentions are hit and miss. On this renewal occasion it's a miss unfortunately. Whatever you get with them, I'd say get it confirmed in writing. Get transcripts, emails the lot
Ive been switching between mine and my partners name every year as a new customer for years, i go through quidco and get around 110-140 cashback each year too, its a no brainer.
3 years ago i cancelled my partners account and signed up through quidco in my name, retentions called and offered a much better deal with £90 bill credit so i accepted that and they automatically cancelled my new sign up.
6 months later i still got the £110 from quidco, couldn't believe it, im hoping the same will happen this year
Mark_Hickman10/09/2020 19:06

Ive been switching between mine and my partners name every year as a new …Ive been switching between mine and my partners name every year as a new customer for years, i go through quidco and get around 110-140 cashback each year too, its a no brainer.3 years ago i cancelled my partners account and signed up through quidco in my name, retentions called and offered a much better deal with £90 bill credit so i accepted that and they automatically cancelled my new sign up.6 months later i still got the £110 from quidco, couldn't believe it, im hoping the same will happen this year

Never thought of the quidco! Great idea
Mark_Hickman10/09/2020 19:06

Ive been switching between mine and my partners name every year as a new …Ive been switching between mine and my partners name every year as a new customer for years, i go through quidco and get around 110-140 cashback each year too, its a no brainer.3 years ago i cancelled my partners account and signed up through quidco in my name, retentions called and offered a much better deal with £90 bill credit so i accepted that and they automatically cancelled my new sign up.6 months later i still got the £110 from quidco, couldn't believe it, im hoping the same will happen this year

Do you have a landline?
I just renewed my deal - no issues what-so-ever, I just told them Sky had a similar deal, so they just renewed the deal I had for 18 months.
Post a comment
@
    Text