Posted 22nd Dec 2021
I can't find any info on what happens to the other half of the Volt deal if you cancel either the Virgin or O2 contract within the 14 day cooling off period - does anyone know.

My Virgin TV/Phone/BB contact was ending in mid Jan and my discounts would end with it meaning my bill would jump from £37 to £59.

I also have a Virgin mobile contract which cost me £10/month for 20GB data + unlimited min and texts.

I called Virgin and got put through to retentions.

The deal negotiated was for the same TV/Phone/BB I have now for £31.month + an O2 mobile contract at £10/month for 10GB data + unlimited.

Both contracts are now in effect and this morning I received the new O2 sim. Note my Virgin mobile (£10/20GB) is out of contract so I could cancel it at any time without penalty.

My initial plan was to transfer my mobile number from Virgin to O2 but now I have had second thoughts and want to cancel the O2 sim contract entirely. Does anyone know if cancelling the O2 contract will affect my new Virgin contract e.g. will Virgin tear up the new £31/month contract I have with them and reinstate my old contract which ends in January. I can see nothing in the T&C.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Author
    Anon26/01/2022 19:36

Hi, did you find out the answer to your query? Did cancelling O2 affect …Hi, did you find out the answer to your query? Did cancelling O2 affect the Virgin Media agreed deal? Thank you

I cancelled the O2 sim and to date it has not had any effect on the rest of the package I signed up to.
    Hi mate, 6 months down the line, is this still true? By cancelling the O2 sim, your virgin media package price or speeds didn't change? Thanks
  2. Avatar
    Here's a part of the Terms that seems relevant:

4. If you cancel your eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan within 14 days
    of: (a) you receiving your O2 SIM following you purchasing an eligible
    O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan; or (b) you re-contracting to an eligible O2
    Pay Monthly Mobile Plan at the same time as purchasing Virgin Media
    broadband services, you will become ineligible for the Volt benefits for
    your Virgin Media services. Depending on the services you receive:
    1. we may remove any applicable Volt broadband speed boost;
    2. if you have chosen to subscribe to Intelligent WiFi Plus, you will
    no longer be entitled to receive the Intelligent WiFi Plus service for
    free (unless you take Gig1 Fibre Broadband) and standard pricing
    will be applied going forward; and
    3. if you were receiving the Ultimate Volt Bundle and you have
    cancelled your O2 Unlimited SIM, we may move your Virgin Media
    services to the Bigger Sports & Movies Bundle (or the nearest
    equivalent bundle to Bigger Sports & Movies available at the time).
    If you would prefer to move to a different package, you should call
    Virgin Media to discuss your options.

5. If you subsequently cancel your eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan
    after the 14 day period referred to in Section A.1.4 above, the Volt benefits
    for your Virgin Media services may be lost when you next recontract to
    Virgin Media’s services.
  3. Avatar
    Hi, did you find out the answer to your query? Did cancelling O2 affect the Virgin Media agreed deal? Thank you