Virigin Media broadband retention deal

Posted 14th Aug 2020Edited by:"qfel"
Hi,

I've just started my 30 days notice and awaiting call from retentions, just wondering what others managed to get recently.
My current deal ending next month is 100Mb only broadband for £21 after all discounts.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I'm paying £24/m for 100mb and any time landline
Gollywood14/08/2020 19:09

I'm paying £24/m for 100mb and any time landline

I'm paying 26, basic TV, weekend only landline. Deal is up in November so hoping theyll have something.
EN1GMA14/08/2020 19:29

I'm paying 26, basic TV, weekend only landline. Deal is up in November so …I'm paying 26, basic TV, weekend only landline. Deal is up in November so hoping theyll have something.

I sent the TV box back. Don't want or need it. Rubbish box & user interface
Gollywood14/08/2020 19:30

I sent the TV box back. Don't want or need it. Rubbish box & user …I sent the TV box back. Don't want or need it. Rubbish box & user interface

Something about iptv
Mines in a box in the celker, never touched.
EN1GMA14/08/2020 19:35

Something about iptv Mines in a box in the celker, never …Something about iptv Mines in a box in the celker, never touched.

Mine was in the loft until they felt it necessary for me to post it back...and straight into a bin no doubt!
I was paying 26pm and my contract is ending next month. Called them and negociated at 21pm for 18months, 100mb broadband and landline. Didn't haggle too much. Told them I want to cut costs and looking to pay around 20pm. Thought was an ok deal and took it.
How did you manage to get through to them and what time?
I've just passed my 30 day notice but I need them to install a phone line so I can go elsewhere for internet but I can't get in touch.
I've tried the texting thing, online chat and phoning with no result.

Sorry completely off topic lol.
Edited by: "Cloeeez" 15th Aug
Cloeeez15/08/2020 07:56

How did you manage to get through to them and what time?I've just passed …How did you manage to get through to them and what time?I've just passed my 30 day notice but I need them to install a phone line so I can go elsewhere for internet but I can't get in touch.I've tried the texting thing, online chat and phoning with no result.Sorry completely off topic lol.

you can't contact retention, they have to contact you, just make sure they have correct contact number
qfel15/08/2020 08:14

you can't contact retention, they have to contact you, just make sure they …you can't contact retention, they have to contact you, just make sure they have correct contact number

No, I hadn't been able to contact them at all.
I tried just there and I got through and they offered me an 18 month contract of talk weekends and 100mb broadband for £51...
Saying they couldn't install a phone line without a contract.
Put through to cancellations and they said they can install a phone line without a contract but will still be paying £51 a month
I'm really stuck because I don't physically have a phone line installed from the outside to the inside of my house and the only companies that will install one is Virgin, BT or Sky. I can't even check packages with anyone that uses a phone line for internet because they have to ping your phone line to see what speeds you can get and because mine doesn't physically exist, I can't even see prices lmao.

So now what I'm going to have to do is wait till the engineer has physically put in that phone line and since I'm out of contract, phone up and cancel then go to vodafone.
Never easy haha.
Post a comment
@
    Text