Groups

Virtual Bedroom Planner

Has anyone used a virtual room planner? My son has the smallest bedroom in history - we can't afford to move and we can't afford to extent - so my last resort is using a room planner to try and make the best use of his room - has anyone found any good ones?

Thank you for any help or advice.

7 Comments

can you not just draw it out to scale?

go to one of the shops - b&q etc - get the guys there to do plan for you - i.e space saving ideas etc - they do print out

go home and adjust to your ideas and budget -

done this years ago with a kitchen - came in handy for a few friends as well

have you thought about converting loft ??

good luck:thumbsup:

smartdraw - download from their site or a torrent site!

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;5088764

can you not just draw it out to scale?

You would think so - but no - I'm totally crap - and I need to see what it looks like first!! My pa is going to measure the room for me - when I measured my room I forget the bay and had to live with half a carpet for a few years - now no one trusts me!!

d-j mitch;5088892

You would think so - but no - I'm totally crap - and I need to see what … You would think so - but no - I'm totally crap - and I need to see what it looks like first!! My pa is going to measure the room for me - when I measured my room I forget the bay and had to live with half a carpet for a few years - now no one trusts me!!

When viewing a house I drew my missus a plan of the room off some photographs I had and told her to measure it, some of the wall lengths came back in metric, some imperial and some to this day I dont even know what units of measurements she worked in, but whatever it was it didnt appear on the tape measure lol

Back of a ikea kitchen catalogue = 2xA4 squared paper.

1cm = 10cm so 30cm = 3meters etc.

I redesigned my living room earlier this year doing that as I was close to buying an Ikea Corner sofa, decided not to in the end and just re organised the room, added a 2nd hand Ikea chair for £20 (nearly £90 in store) Sunday afternoon of elbow grease and experimenting, saved over £500

Banned

draw the room and make some cut out paper objects to same scale.....move em about
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1420
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047175
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.23
      4. One for the mathmeticians2032

See more discussions