Groups

virus !!!

i got a virus on my comp did a scan on avg and now its in my virus vault what do i do now do i leave it or deleate it never had one b4 so dont have a clue

thnks in advance

5 Comments

Leave it alone for a week or so - it may be needed as part of a file. I know that this sounds counter-productive, but if the wrong program refuses to boot up, you may get errors that are hard to trace down. If it does cause a problem, you can put it back, get rid of what ever program it came with, and then re-run your AV to get rid of it again. It won't hurt anything while in the "vault". Once everything is sorted out, you can delete it from the vault.

Take SunTzu's advise.

if you hadnt install / download anything, just empty the vault

Original Poster

SunTzu;2110755

Leave it alone for a week or so - it may be needed as part of a file. I … Leave it alone for a week or so - it may be needed as part of a file. I know that this sounds counter-productive, but if the wrong program refuses to boot up, you may get errors that are hard to trace down. If it does cause a problem, you can put it back, get rid of what ever program it came with, and then re-run your AV to get rid of it again. It won't hurt anything while in the "vault". Once everything is sorted out, you can delete it from the vault.

thanks for your help rep added
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      2. Best VR games?22
      3. What to do?????23
      4. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55

See more discussions