Found 18th Oct 2009
my norton 360 is about to expire on my acer laptop, money is tight so i thought about using avg, which works ok on my daughters notebook. what should i be considering when choosing a virus killer? any negatives with avg?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

All ive ever used without fail is

AVG
Malwarebytes - Anti Malware
Spybot - Search and Destroy
& Regcure

Original Poster

ive never used reg cure, usually use regfix on ccleaner, is reg cure better?
the malwarebytes saved my sanity when had malware (antivirus 2000 i think it was called) on my computer.

i have used avg its safe though but i preffer symatec endpoint.....its a real good one

chezz2;6611968

ive never used reg cure, usually use regfix on ccleaner, is reg cure … ive never used reg cure, usually use regfix on ccleaner, is reg cure better?the malwarebytes saved my sanity when had malware (antivirus 2000 i think it was called) on my computer.thanks:thumbsup:

I only got Regcure because my friend sent me a link showing you how to get it for free lol

I use AVG they are okay

]http//do…801

Original Poster

Daft Punk;6611980

I only got Regcure because my friend sent me a link showing you how to … I only got Regcure because my friend sent me a link showing you how to get it for free lol

:thumbsup:

I used AVG for years but find it is getting a bit resource hungry lately.
Finally swapped to AVAST when I found my PC had a trojan that AVG was missing but AVAST was finding.
AVAST is quicker too.

I smile when people say they have never had a virus with AVG... unless you've tried another then how do you know?

Original Poster

DAMNOME;6612646

I used AVG for years but find it is getting a bit resource hungry … I used AVG for years but find it is getting a bit resource hungry lately.Finally swapped to AVAST when I found my PC had a trojan that AVG was missing but AVAST was finding.AVAST is quicker too.I smile when people say they have never had a virus with AVG... unless you've tried another then how do you know?

just when it was starting to look like a one horse race, hmm, i will have a look at avast, i have to make my mind up because norton expires tomorrow. i take your point re avg not spotting trojan, i had the same with the malware, only malwarebytes spotted it and dealt with it.
thanks for advice:thumbsup:

avast for me as well :thumbsup:

AVG is more resource heavy than ever before.

Eset Smart Security and Malware bytes for me for 2 years solid. my pc is on 24/7.
never a single problem

richp;6612777

avast for me as well :thumbsup:

+1 .. run avast on all my families pc's, my laptop and my old pc and never had a problem :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free flights to Europe35
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition54498
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)33
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33

See more discussions