Visa card payments are currently failing across the UK and Europe.

Found 1st Jun
Heads up if having issues and you may be trying to get hold of your bank/card issuer.

Hitting a lot of people / retailers atm and VISA are currently unsure why... People can't pay in Supermarkets, Petrol Stations etc.

The company said it is investigating the cause of the disruption.

The extent of the problem is not clear, but Visa customers across Europe have been complaining on Twitter that payments have been denied.

"We are investigating the cause and working as quickly as possible to resolve the situation," Visa said in a statement.

A Paymentsense alert on twitter said: "There is currently a disruption of service in taking payments from Visa.

"It is affecting all providers across the UK and Ireland and some of europe

"We are in touch with Visa to help provide a fix to this, and we'll issue and update via our social channels and email as soon we have one".

2948445.jpg
twitter.com/Pay…000?

Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
summerof766 m ago

I had problems around 13.40 this afternoon. 4 payments were declined in …I had problems around 13.40 this afternoon. 4 payments were declined in Dunelm and 3 were declined in Home Bargains. Went to the bank and they said nothing was wrong with my card. They must have known there was a problem but never said anything.

Bankers!
33 Comments
All backup now
McDonald's were having problems this afternoon
I've used visa debit contactless all day today
Had the same issue in my local co op a while ago. Chap on the till just kept making me try and it went through eventually.
I had problems around 13.40 this afternoon. 4 payments were declined in Dunelm and 3 were declined in Home Bargains. Went to the bank and they said nothing was wrong with my card. They must have known there was a problem but never said anything.
summerof766 m ago

I had problems around 13.40 this afternoon. 4 payments were declined in …I had problems around 13.40 this afternoon. 4 payments were declined in Dunelm and 3 were declined in Home Bargains. Went to the bank and they said nothing was wrong with my card. They must have known there was a problem but never said anything.

Bankers!
The issues have been described as intermittent, and some payments over the Visa network do still appear to be going through. Cash withdrawals do appear to be functioning.
A statement from Visa suggested that it didn't yet know the cause of the outage.
Been going on since this morning, missus works in retail and told me about it hours ago and a quick look on the interwebs says all the news media have been reporting it for the last couple of hours too
Was this just today because i tried using my card at the petrol station yesterday and it wouldn't work.
I used my card to buy on ebay, payment first said its gone through then ebay message saying you have committed and need to pay, so paid and then said payments been accepted however no email and not showing on orders. Checked bank account and 3 pending transactions showing of £8.99 to same ebay guy
Oh those Russians............
summerof7650 m ago

It started in earnest around 13:30, so unlikely that bank staff would know at that point.
Edited by: "plebbygiraffe" 1st Jun
fanpages1 h, 20 m ago

Bankers!

I was thinking what a load of bankers at the time
plebbygiraffe43 m ago

It started in earnest around 13:30, so unlikely that bank staff would know …It started in earnest around 13:30, so unlikely that bank staff would know at that point.

Payments on Ryanair website also affected.
Morrisons in felixstowe was down
Bargained1st Jun

I used my card to buy on ebay, payment first said its gone through then …I used my card to buy on ebay, payment first said its gone through then ebay message saying you have committed and need to pay, so paid and then said payments been accepted however no email and not showing on orders. Checked bank account and 3 pending transactions showing of £8.99 to same ebay guy

Same here. Bought some concert tickets for over £200 and Visa money was taken via PayPal. Then the card wasn't accepted and I had to pay again (tried a MasterCard and it went through fine). Waiting for PayPal to call me back but the queue times are so long!

EDIT: Money was held due to the Visa issue, but it has been released now the issue has been fixed.So glad!
Edited by: "jamie015" 2nd Jun
Local co-op had a load of folk queuing to use the cash machine as the checkout wasn't accepting visa. Luckily I was only in for some ice lollies with the kids so only cost a couple of quid which I found in the kids pockets 😁
was chaos in morrisons this afternoon ,they were bringing out the old card swipe machines
Had trouble with my contactless today nearly ordered a new card then seen this earlier online
summerof764 h, 5 m ago

I had this a couple of years ago trying to buy online and my card being refused
took two trips two bank ages and ages while the young lady played with her computer

read a couple of weeks later it was hackers
on the plus side she was very very pretty

theguardian.com/wor…tes
Edited by: "Wongy110" 1st Jun
Retro894 h, 4 m ago

Was this just today because i tried using my card at the petrol station …Was this just today because i tried using my card at the petrol station yesterday and it wouldn't work.

No, you're just broke like the rest of us
Had issues today too. Thought I was overdrawn or something.
deleted1431257
The whole of Liverpool is blaming Sergio Ramos, but Harry Kane is reported to be taking responsibility
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 1st Jun
deleted1431257
fanpages4 h, 56 m ago

Bankers!

Who will surely pat themselves on the back with a big fat bonus
Toptrumpet3 h, 50 m ago

Payments on Ryanair website also affected.

Blessing in disguise
I paid for a garden furniture set around 3pm,which came to £200 and it hasn’t yet shown up on my pending transactions. Has this happened to anyone else?
holsababe41 m ago

I paid for a garden furniture set around 3pm,which came to £200 and it …I paid for a garden furniture set around 3pm,which came to £200 and it hasn’t yet shown up on my pending transactions. Has this happened to anyone else?

No my transactions are doubling, ao i have 2 pending for one transactions and 3 evay paypal when I purchased 1
At which point do those that weren't affected start claiming compo?
This is one reason that CASH is king. This is just one example why scrapping cash is a bad idea.
Good that we still have Mastercard as a competitor to Visa. If either goes down, you still have backup if you've got no cash to hand. It's good to have cash around. You can't always rely on technology. No technology is fool-proof. I expect this to happen sometime in the future again.
chuckiedoll1st Jun

Had the same issue in my local co op a while ago. Chap on the till just …Had the same issue in my local co op a while ago. Chap on the till just kept making me try and it went through eventually.

same here at my co op took 3 attempts.yesterday and not showing in my pending
Edited by: "tracy1962" 2nd Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants