Groups

Visa Electron Card

I'm looking to get hold of one of these pretty quickly, anyone know if they can give them out at the Post Office or if it is online order only?

Thanks

18 Comments

HOw about one of those 'pay as you go' cards?

Mrs.Z;4500445

HOw about one of those 'pay as you go' cards?

im guessing this is for ryanair-no charges if you use electron.

Original Poster

barky;4500544

im guessing this is for ryanair-no charges if you use electron.

Yeah, needs to be Visa Electron for ryanair. I'm booking 8guys so £80 saved would go down well.

Anyone know?

My son got his in the travel agents...Just over the counter with his driving license.

Shekz0r;4500693

Yeah, needs to be Visa Electron for ryanair. I'm booking 8guys so £80 … Yeah, needs to be Visa Electron for ryanair. I'm booking 8guys so £80 saved would go down well.Anyone know?

I know what your thinking, tell them you got charged but pay with visa electron then pocketing £80. You pocket £80, they love you for booking it. Good trip easy money. JJB - Everyones a winner!

Got the post office one on Monday you get it that day and then load it up min £50 cost £3 to load for sterling £0 for euro or dollars but you will have to wait till the next day ie 24hrs to validate you card you do this by phone its so easy to do but you will have to wait 24hrs after you pick up.

We recently got one of these, although I'm not sure how long it will take you to get one. We opened a basic account with the cooperative bank and got one that way. I'm not sure if there is a fast track way of doing it or not, but if you have a branch near you, you should be able to get an account opened same day and a card a few days later.

Not sure if this is of help but thought I'd mention it:thumbsup:

Sematic;4500770

I know what your thinking, tell them you got charged but pay with visa … I know what your thinking, tell them you got charged but pay with visa electron then pocketing £80. You pocket £80, they love you for booking it. Good trip easy money. JJB - Everyones a winner!

Great call ;-) i must admit to doing this with quidco not so bad as this one as i had to wait 3mths for it to pay out ;-)

Original Poster

Sematic;4500770

I know what your thinking, tell them you got charged but pay with visa … I know what your thinking, tell them you got charged but pay with visa electron then pocketing £80. You pocket £80, they love you for booking it. Good trip easy money. JJB - Everyones a winner!

I wish!!

A few are only going if it's £70 and not £80 for the flight. Right i'll pop in the PO tomorrow and get one for getting it all booked sat night.

Thanks guys i shall rep you now.

Kymbers;4500804

We recently got one of these, although I'm not sure how long it will take … We recently got one of these, although I'm not sure how long it will take you to get one. We opened a basic account with the cooperative bank and got one that way. I'm not sure if there is a fast track way of doing it or not, but if you have a branch near you, you should be able to get an account opened same day and a card a few days later.Not sure if this is of help but thought I'd mention it:thumbsup:

The quickest way is online with ourpay ?? that's not the name but something like that its posted on this site. The second quickest way is the post office card that i have 24hrs or less.

Didn't someone have a thread about their prepaid electron card not working with Ryanair recently? Can someone confirm they have used the post office card with Ryanair and not been charged?

got mine from abbey national
    took about 3 days

halifax do em as well

Buy Ryanair vouchers and then use them to pay for the flights. There are no charges when using vouchers.

Liddle ol' me;4501206

Didn't someone have a thread about their prepaid electron card not … Didn't someone have a thread about their prepaid electron card not working with Ryanair recently? Can someone confirm they have used the post office card with Ryanair and not been charged?

I hope not as i loaded it up for a holiday for the family.

Liddle ol' me;4501206

Didn't someone have a thread about their prepaid electron card not … Didn't someone have a thread about their prepaid electron card not working with Ryanair recently? Can someone confirm they have used the post office card with Ryanair and not been charged?

waterloo;4501851

I hope not as i loaded it up for a holiday for the family.

Yes, I hope I'm wrong too. Anyone else heard this or can confirm the prepaid electron cards from the post office work ok with Ryanair?

modoc;4501763

Buy Ryanair vouchers and then use them to pay for the flights. There are … Buy Ryanair vouchers and then use them to pay for the flights. There are no charges when using vouchers.

Looked at this, but the terms and conditions still make it difficult unless you have more vouchers than you actually need. If any shortfall, you have to use a card to make it up. And if you use a voucher of higher value than the flight, any amount remaining is void! :w00t:

Vouchers can only be redeemed on [url]www.ryanair.com[/url].
    Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 6 months (186 days) of the voucher issue date after which date the voucher becomes void.
    The validity of the vouchers cannot be extended.
    Vouchers are issued in denominations of €25/€50 or local currency equivalent.
    If a voucher is partially redeemed the remaining balance is void.
    Vouchers are only valid for the person named as the voucher recipient.
    A maximum of 4 vouchers can be used to purchase a flight. If the total amount of ticket price exceeds the value of the voucher(s) any price difference must be paid by credit or/debit card.
    Vouchers are only valid for the payment of Ryanair flights and any associated taxes, fees and charges.
    Redemption of gift vouchers in a different currency from the issuing currency will be subject to foreign currency conversion rate at the time of booking.

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;4513680

Yes, I hope I'm wrong too. Anyone else heard this or can confirm the … Yes, I hope I'm wrong too. Anyone else heard this or can confirm the prepaid electron cards from the post office work ok with Ryanair?Looked at this, but the terms and conditions still make it difficult unless you have more vouchers than you actually need. If any shortfall, you have to use a card to make it up. And if you use a voucher of higher value than the flight, any amount remaining is void! :w00t:Vouchers can only be redeemed on [url]www.ryanair.com[/url].Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 6 months (186 days) of the voucher issue date after which date the voucher becomes void.The validity of the vouchers cannot be extended.Vouchers are issued in denominations of €25/€50 or local currency equivalent.If a voucher is partially redeemed the remaining balance is void.Vouchers are only valid for the person named as the voucher recipient.A maximum of 4 vouchers can be used to purchase a flight. If the total amount of ticket price exceeds the value of the voucher(s) any price difference must be paid by credit or/debit card.Vouchers are only valid for the payment of Ryanair flights and any associated taxes, fees and charges.Redemption of gift vouchers in a different currency from the issuing currency will be subject to foreign currency conversion rate at the time of booking.

Informative.

I went to get a PO electron card yesterday but they seem to have a few charges too, but worth it to save £9.50 each on flights.

postoffice.co.uk/por…661

Shekz0r;4516384

Informative.I went to get a PO electron card yesterday but they seem to … Informative.I went to get a PO electron card yesterday but they seem to have a few charges too, but worth it to save £9.50 each on flights.http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump1?catId=19300207&mediaId=26800661

Yes, I'm going to get one tomorrow. I avoid Ryanair if I can, but there is one route I regularly fly where I often don't have a choice. When I am booking for the 4 of us it costs £4.75 (or £4.50??) per segment person to use the debit or credit card. The PO electron card only costs 1.5% (min £3) for top-ups according to your link. That's a BIG SAVING for my next flight on that route :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?611
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014473
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      4. word association Game73844457
      5. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value59

See more discussions