Groups

Visa Electron / Visa Debit

Is a visa electron card the same as a visa Debit card.

Basically i am going to be booking a flight with Ryan Air but don't want credit card charges.

I have a Visa Debit card so will i be charged by ryan Air if i use this.

If so where is the best place to get an Electron card from. Is there a charge for getting one???

12 Comments

visa debit is not a credit card, i think most switch/maestro cards are now visa debit, which is different from a visa credit card
    so no, u shouldn't get charged for using it

]http//ww…asp
    I got one of these- free of charge- and have used it for several Ryanair flights with no fees and no problems.

Yes you will get charged its not an electron its classed as a delta.

i thought ryan air charged for debit cards too, could be wrong though.
    i have an electron card on one of my accounts with abbey, its not even accepted with some places

calico_cat;6442233

]http://www[COLOR="Red"].halifax[/COLOR].co.uk/bankaccounts/easycash.aspI … ]http://www[COLOR="Red"].halifax[/COLOR].co.uk/bankaccounts/easycash.aspI got one of these- free of charge- and have used it for several Ryanair flights with no fees and no problems.

They asked me to prove earnings :x :? BEFORE offering me this 'poormans' [COLOR="Red"]pre pay card account[/COLOR]. I have 2 goldcards and a V good credit rating :?

Didn't bother with the application, rather pay £10 to ryanair than lower myself to these ******s :thumbsup:

owens101;6442262

i thought ryan air charged for debit cards too, could be wrong though.i … i thought ryan air charged for debit cards too, could be wrong though.i have an electron card on one of my accounts with abbey, its not even accepted with some places

ryanair DO charge for debit cards-only thing they dont charge for is electron. or get an entropay virtual card.

owens101;6442262

i[COLOR="Red"] thought ryan air charged for debit cards too[/COLOR], … i[COLOR="Red"] thought ryan air charged for debit cards too[/COLOR], could be wrong though.i have an electron card on one of my accounts with abbey, its not even accepted with some places

They do but NOT electron cards :thumbsup:

big-boy;6442283

They asked me to prove earnings :x :? BEFORE offering me this … They asked me to prove earnings :x :? BEFORE offering me this 'poormans' [COLOR="Red"]pre pay card account[/COLOR]. I have 2 goldcards and a V good credit rating :? Didn't bother with the application, rather pay £10 to ryanair than lower myself to these tossers :thumbsup:

That's strange- I got mine a year or so ago with no problems. I am a student and don't have much of an income so I think they must have changed the rules.

calico_cat;6442319

That's strange- I got mine a year or so ago with no problems. I am a … That's strange- I got mine a year or so ago with no problems. I am a student and don't have much of an income so I think they must have changed the rules.

It makes great business sense to exclude the financially viable :w00t: good old halifax :whistling:

Last time we booked flights i went through a booking agent and was not charged booking fees and got the flights cheaper. Someone like Travel Republic or Bookings.com
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846191
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764288
      3. Did you know?2950
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917260

See more discussions