Visiting London tourist spot tips?

Found 9th Aug 2017
Hi, I've never been to London and I'd like to see the usual tourist spots, eye, palace, Big Ben and visit Camden Lock.

Can anyone recommend nice but affordable accommodation, tube prices? Are most things within walking distance? Any tips?

Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
It's surprising how close a lot of the attractions are, easy one is get tube to Green Park station walk across Green Park to Buckingham Palace, walk down the Mall to Trafalgar Square, walk down Whitehall past Downing St and see the Horse Guards, walk further down towards Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey over Westminster Bridge for the London Eye
Edited by: "daletharper" 9th Aug 2017
Use the same contactless card for all your tube journeys. ALWAYS Tap in and ALWAYS tap out and you'll get a good deal on tube travelling.
As a londoner I always found that the more central underground stations used to serve me well for a number of places, as I enjoyed the walk. I used to get off at Embankment, you can walk through to Covent Garden, also near to Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and Picadilly, as well as the Mall, along to Buckingham Palace and St James Park, Horse Guards Parade, Westminster.... Like the other poster has mentioned Green Park is also handy.

Likewise you can do the same at Tower Hill for Tower of London, Tobacco Dock, Tower Bridge, HMS Belfast and the London Dungeons..
Used to get a third off boat tours that run up and down with tube ticket.. Wonder how that works as no tickets now it's all contact less? Anyway.. That's a must do. We done the tower of London to Westminster river curse. Brilliant
If you want a better view than the london eye try the shard much higher and you are not far from a foodie destination borough market and also Tate modern which has great views as well
The greatest thing about visiting London is getting back on the road out.
I always recommend the Youth Hostel at St Pancras. Clean, secure, cheap and very central for tube links and walks. It's right across the road from the British Library and King's Cross.…ras
Post a comment

Top Discussions