Visiting someone in a resident permit parking only road in a vehicle, any permit required?

Posted 1st Oct 2021
need to visit someone and all the roads nearby as far I can see are resident permit only parking, public transport is not an option.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
Top comments
The person should have visitor permits which you can use. Worth asking them before hand to confirm.
11 Comments
  1. Avatar
    The person should have visitor permits which you can use. Worth asking them before hand to confirm.
  2. Avatar
    Yes
  3. Avatar
    Some cities have a guest visitor permit option. Some places have guest voucher schemes. Some don't have anything so you'll get booked. You'll probably have to park further away and walk.
  4. Avatar
    Look up the number of the local council authority and give them a call to enquire what the regulations are regarding parking permit restictions and visitors. Anyone here can guess or speculate but why not just get the information you need direct from the relevant council themselves?
  5. Avatar
    The person you visit will need to get a visitor permit or visitor vouchers for you.
  6. Avatar
    Yes, you need a residential parking permit
  7. Avatar
    Be careful if you park nearby and walk. The resident permit area can be quite large with signs only on entry roads and not within the area itself. I got a ticket for parking without a permit in a resident permit area and the sign was 4 or 5 streets away, I obviously missed it.
  8. Avatar
    The house owner only gets 1 visitors permit anyway. Glad I have a driveway
  9. Avatar
    Misslovely02/10/2021 08:31

The house owner only gets 1 visitors permit anyway. Glad I have a driveway

What a showoff
  10. Avatar
    Gollywood02/10/2021 18:35

What a showoff

5-6 cars can fit it’s not a mansion but I have a side parking where my garage is and 3 in from in my little front driveway.
  11. Avatar
    Misslovely02/10/2021 18:36

5-6 cars can fit it’s not a mansion but I have a side parking where …5-6 cars can fit it’s not a mansion but I have a side parking where my garage is and 3 in from in my little front driveway.

Now you're really rubbing our faces in it
Post a comment
Top Merchants