Groups

Visiting the US. Confused about Visa. Plz Help

Hi all,

Visiting New York at the end of the year but am totally confused about what I need to do with regards to applying for a visa.

People have mentioned ESTA, But it makes reference of it being a Visa Waiver Program,

Can anyone offer any advice.

Thanks

6 Comments

The UK is part of the Visa Waiver Program, so you don't need a visa. Just complete the form on the ESTA site at least 72 hours before you fly and then complete 2 more forms on the plane on the way over and you're done.
    If you need the address for the ESTA site it's...

esta.cbp.dhs.gov/est…F4A

EDIT: I take it you're going for a holiday and not for work ?

It can also depend on what type of passport you have, ie if you have the new microchip passport, if you have ever had a criminal conviction etc. there is a wizard on the US embassy site that will check if you need a visa,
    usembassy.org.uk/con…tml

Original Poster

Thanks for all your help.

I got a new passport in June mso I presume its the latest version. Yeah visiting for holiday and have no convictions.

Just went to the site and been approved

Thanks for your help. Wanted tpo make sure I did it all right

Hope you have a great trip, NY in Dec is amazing.

07sanchez;5982830

Thanks for all your help.I got a new passport in June mso I presume its … Thanks for all your help.I got a new passport in June mso I presume its the latest version. Yeah visiting for holiday and have no convictions.Just went to the site and been approvedThanks for your help. Wanted tpo make sure I did it all right

just warn you, we filled the Esta in and then had to do it on the plane as Esta visa site wasn't conecting at the airport :roll:

choc1969;5983537

just warn you, we filled the Esta in and then had to do it on the plane … just warn you, we filled the Esta in and then had to do it on the plane as Esta visa site wasn't conecting at the airport :roll:

+1!!

We just went to Florida via New York, filled out all the visas beforehand ( as they say this is now mandatory and you have to do it before you go ) Got on the plane and had to fill them all out again anyways :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30388
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1639
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …77132
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846278

See more discussions