Found 13th Apr 2007
Has anyone here got vista?
if so is it any good, is it better than xp?:)

1. Misc
  2. Windows
3 Comments

I have been using Vista since release. Looked very pretty but found that it was slightly slower than XP on my machine. I also had issues with my scanner as although drivers existed, the main functionality of Hewlett Packards software was not compatible with Vista.

Personally, I was not overly impressed with the operating system overall and took the chance the other day to re-install XP which I am more than happy with due to its compatibility and support.

Maybe in 6 months to a year I will go back to Vista, when support from other companies is prevalent, but for the time being XP is the OS of choice.

Simon_G

I have been using Vista since release. Looked very pretty but found that … I have been using Vista since release. Looked very pretty but found that it was slightly slower than XP on my machine. I also had issues with my scanner as although drivers existed, the main functionality of Hewlett Packards software was not compatible with Vista. Personally, I was not overly impressed with the operating system overall and took the chance the other day to re-install XP which I am more than happy with due to its compatibility and support.Maybe in 6 months to a year I will go back to Vista, when support from other companies is prevalent, but for the time being XP is the OS of choice.

I am tempted to do the same but want to bear with and over come these problems.

The same here, I had Vista but went back to XP as I realised I could easily live without the fancy stuff and would rather have the reliability and speed of XP.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition54496
    2. Free flights to Europe22
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)33
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33

See more discussions