Groups
    EXPIRED

Vista Business PC for £250 ???

Any ideas?

I need it to have/run Vista Business storage/graphics/ports etc all low priority as it will mainly run tests so basically as much processor/RAM grunt £250 can get you.

Self build is an option, although saying that I haven’t build a box from scratch since you had to "glue" fans to chips to keep steady/cool and your average motherboard had 40+ jumper settings and good ole AMI bios that said I am not a “pin bender” :whistling:

Been waiting for one of MikeT's "Magic Dell deals" but alas it looks like Dell are focusing on home/gamers at the moment (not that there is anything wrong with that!! ;-) ) Final route I am thinking about is getting one of the Dell "home" offers such as ( hotukdeals.com/for…137 ) and upgrading just the OS although does anyone know of a cheap way of upgrading from Vista Home to Business as the retail options seem flightily expensive.

Many thanks in Advance

2 Comments

I bought vista from dell as an upgrade and have a COA, etc... Installed it, didn't like it and uninstalled it. I've got the DVD's to install/upgrade but I'm not sure if I can sell it to you...

Does anyone know if that's legal?

I could do you a good deal if it's legal as it's a dead investment for me.

[SIZE=1]In their PC configurations, Dell's charge to upgrade Vista Basic to Premium is [FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]23.50 & Basic[/FONT] to [/FONT]Business is £50.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Therefore going by the same logic it would be around £26.50 extra (or £16.04 extra with cashback - see below) to upgrade Premium to Business if they had the option.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Would this be acceptable to you? If yes, it may be worth a call to Dell to ask if they'll do this upgrade for you & how much. If my logic is right, total should be £266.04 [i.e. 248.99 - 9.45(]5% Quidco cashback on 189) + 26.50] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Or, failing which, configuring this ]Dell Vostro 200 MT with Vista Business = £283.87 after 5% Quidco cashback (changes in [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR]):[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]* Intel C2D E4500 Processor [better than the 531's AMD 4400+][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]* Windows Vista® Business[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]* [COLOR=red]Base Warranty[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]- 1 Year Business Hardware Support[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]* [COLOR=red]No[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]20" Wide Monitor[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]* 1024MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]* 320GB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive 16MB [more space than the 531][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]* Integrated Graphics X3100 [531 has better graphics, not that it should matter in 2D tasks][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]* 16x DVD +/- RW Drive[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]* Dell keyboard & mouse[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Note that the 531's 19-in-1 Media Card Reader is not present in this. [/SIZE]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1529
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2472
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767386
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1521

See more discussions