Groups

Vista or windows 7 ?

Need to reinstall my machine which is currently on XP but am not sure if I should be putting vista or windows 7 on there ? I am happy with Windows 7 but want to move to something .. newer as I've been stuck on XP for a while.

What do you recommend from the below ?

1) Stick with Windows XP Pro (stable, quick - not much wrong with it comapred to the rest)
    2) Get Windows 7 (especially as it boots faster)
    3) Vists

Please can you also say WHY ?

Thanks

9 Comments

You cant get W7..can you :thinking:

id say xp just cause its stable it works its fully supported ... and i hate vista lol

dontdothatagain;3882035

You cant get W7..can you :thinking:

news.cnet.com/830…tml

Original Poster

1 vote for xp

anyone else ?

i vote for vista, depends what you use your pc for actually.

dcx_badass;3882060

Yeah been able to for a while.

:thinking: "The first beta of Windows 7, which is expected to hit retailer shelves in time for the 2009 holiday shopping season" ... that article is about the pre-release beta, far as I'm aware it's not available to the public yet??

Original Poster

badboy07;3882186

:thinking: "The first beta of Windows 7, which is expected to hit … :thinking: "The first beta of Windows 7, which is expected to hit retailer shelves in time for the 2009 holiday shopping season" ... that article is about the pre-release beta, far as I'm aware it's not available to the public yet??

It is if you look hard enough.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;3882247

Not legally available to the public, but Windows 7 has been leaked for a … Not legally available to the public, but Windows 7 has been leaked for a while.Anyways I vote XP.

Think I will stick to XP
    I have looked around google and read some comments on windows 7 and people are saying its a waste of time ... vista with a different look and feel.

XP PRO it is

Cyrus;3882292

Think I will stick to XPI have looked around google and read some … Think I will stick to XPI have looked around google and read some comments on windows 7 and people are saying its a waste of time ... vista with a different look and feel.XP PRO it is

At present I would go with XP Pro - However I believe that Windows 7 will succeed where Vista has failed - but it may take a couple of years. There will be "teething" problems and will probably need a service pack or 2 to get it right
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2225
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1933
      3. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941347
      4. love affairs1756

See more discussions