Found 3rd Mar 2008
Random question i purchased a copy of vist home premium oem and installed it and then decided to get a lappy formatted and moved on etc is that usless now? i assume OEM copies are generally 1 use only....can u buy cd-keys? if so anyone know how much etc.....

1. Misc
  2. Windows
7 Comments

Original Poster

anyone know this at all sorry if i sound like a gimp

You can ring up microsoft and tell them your motherboard broke and you need the lciense releasing from the old one so you can add it to the new one.

Original Poster

problem is i dont think i have the key anymore i stuck the sticker on the case and it got ripped i think and binned

Then how would you be able to use it on another pc anyway?

Original Poster

wouldnt MS provide the key over the phone i i remember rightly the bit u dont stick on the pc has a serial on it....

Then theyll give you it.. and de-activate it to the laptop or whatever it's on atm ring them up. the worst they can say is no.

t0mm;1663860

You can ring up microsoft and tell them your motherboard broke and you … You can ring up microsoft and tell them your motherboard broke and you need the lciense releasing from the old one so you can add it to the new one.

this wouldnt apply as oem licences live and die with the machine, the new mainboard for a lappy would be identical to the old so would prob not require re-activation, works for desktops as you often cant get identical mainboards
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66709
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions