Groups

Vista remote access

My step father in law keeps callingme as he does things wrong onhis laptop. He's in his 70's but sometimes (well quite often!) does things he shouldn't but has no idea what he's doing!!!!

So I'm thinking of setting up remote access. So if he calls I can help him remotely. We're both on vista and what I need to know is once I've set it up, will it only allow me access??

I'd like to try and avoid him receiving requests from other (dodgy) people/sites trying to access and also avoid any pop up requests that he'd have to deny (cos he'll prob just click ok to anything!!!)

5 Comments

I use ]Logmein, it is cross platform and the basic version is free. Workd great.

Banned

You can also do it via MSN.

Original Poster

SUMMONER;7780116

I use ]Logmein, it is cross platform and the basic version is free. Workd … I use ]Logmein, it is cross platform and the basic version is free. Workd great.

rumblefish;7780178

You can also do it via MSN.

Cheers for this - i'll have a look!:thumbsup:

All of them are going to be passworded and I'd imagine you can probably set them up to only accept certain IPs if you've got a static one.

Vista does have built in remote desktop, but only the more expensive versions (business and ultimate I think) can initiate it, home premium can only receive.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I'll take a closer look at logmein!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!33
      2. Battery drain on iOS 1178
      3. Boxes for moving house?99
      4. Biscuit addiction1746

See more discussions