Groups

vista user account login help

I have a latop with 2 user accounts on it, i can log in on the one fine but not the administrator account, the password is 100% correct but when i enter it, the laptop just freezes for so long i have no choice but to turn the main power of and restart.I cannot unistall any programs, system restore etc , basically whatever i try it always wants the admin password to continue, then comes the hanging/freezing.I have been googling the problem and have not fixed it as yet, just wondered if anybody on here have had the same problem to which they have found a fix,thanks

10 Comments

format and start again, or do a system restore

wickedteen;5370529

format and start again

lol, that's helpful :roll:

OP...
    Get a copy of ERD Commander and reset the admin password and see if that resoves it.

Original Poster

the disk has been lost, i only have the vista disk off my other pc i tried putting that in to do a repair but it wont boot from it, if i try sytem restore it asks for the admin password then hangs, like i said basically everthing i try always asks for password

Original Poster

i could try mate but i bet when i try and install erd commander it will ask for password again, as i have tried install some programs and i always get the admin password screen to continue

pughy2000;5370563

i could try mate but i bet when i try and install erd commander it will … i could try mate but i bet when i try and install erd commander it will ask for password again

ERD Commander runs from a boot-cd, it doesn't go into Windows.
    No password required :thumbsup:

Original Poster

its 100% correct, the laptop just hangs for ages and becomes unoperational and i have to turn the power off

Original Poster

ok mate ill put it on disk and try it

can you not do a system restore

wickedteen;5370762

can you not do a system restore

without being logged in as an administrator?

i thought you could
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. No claims discount proof - Help needed33
      2. Keter 6x4 shed.33
      3. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid22
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??59

See more discussions