Groups

Visual acuity result?

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with my visual acuity numbers. I have a score of 6/7.5 and need to know if this is better or worse than 6/60?

Thanks

11 Comments

much better.

Original Poster

Sorry, put the wrong number to compair it with. Changed it to 6/60 now

basically you have a score of 7.5 at a distance of 6 meters with 6/7.5 (the lower the second number the smaller the text you can see) and the second one means you have a score of 60 (the really big "E" generally) at a distance of 3meters...

globalkilla

Sorry, put the wrong number to compair it with. Changed it to 6/60 now

same deal.6/60 is typically the top line on a chart in the opticians....6/7.5 is typically the 2nd or 3rd from bottom...

Original Poster

shaneomac

the lower the second number the smaller the text you can see

So now I've corrected the number to 6/60, mine is worse at 6/7.5?

6/7.5 is much much better than both 6/60 and 3/60...basically 6/7.5 means you can see the small letters on a chart and 6/60 means you can see the top(big) letter on a chart and 3/60 means you can just about see the chart but no letters on it.

Original Poster

shaneomac

same deal.6/60 is typically the top line on a chart in the … same deal.6/60 is typically the top line on a chart in the opticians....6/7.5 is typically the 2nd or 3rd from bottom...

Ah I get it now. Thanks.

shaneomac

6/7.5 is much much better than both 6/60 and 3/60...basically 6/7.5 means … 6/7.5 is much much better than both 6/60 and 3/60...basically 6/7.5 means you can see the small letters on a chart and 6/60 means you can see the top(big) letter on a chart and 3/60 means you can just about see the chart but no letters on it.

lol @ 3/60 just about see chart but no letters and i take it theres at least 2 lower scores achievable, not including the good ole 0/60 wasted journey score

simplex

you'd prob be surprised just how right you are!lol!lol @ 3/60 just about … you'd prob be surprised just how right you are!lol!lol @ 3/60 just about see chart but no letters and i take it theres at least 2 lower scores achievable, not including the good ole 0/60 wasted journey score

I think i can manage about 3 maybe 4 lines with squinting, considering laser eye surgery

simplex

I think i can manage about 3 maybe 4 lines with squinting, considering … I think i can manage about 3 maybe 4 lines with squinting, considering laser eye surgery

I can't see the big A at the top without contacts or glasses!! I just call myself very blind!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1231
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
      4. Kitchen tap replacement33

See more discussions