Groups

Visual Lightbox

An appeal to all techies.. Has anyone used this software to display pictures and what is the best way to go about it.

I know there are free ones, but are the ones you pay for that little bit better? How do you add these to your webpage

4 Comments

Original Poster

Can this be setup, so when clicking on a smaller image, the lightbox opens and displays a enlarged image? :thumbsup:

It's easy peasy disco, call the javascript as in the tutorials, at the top of the html, then add the css code to your styles.css, and then add the html code for the images in the page.

The best ones I found are jquery based ones, just search for jquery lightbox. Most of them have a tutorial on how to set up, if the one you want. doesn't then just download the zip file, open the html code and copy the bits you need.

Original Poster

faevilangel;6966175

It's easy peasy disco, call the javascript as in the tutorials, at the … It's easy peasy disco, call the javascript as in the tutorials, at the top of the html, then add the css code to your styles.css, and then add the html code for the images in the page.The best ones I found are jquery based ones, just search for jquery lightbox. Most of them have a tutorial on how to set up, if the one you want. doesn't then just download the zip file, open the html code and copy the bits you need.

now, in english... would it be easier if I sent you the pages lol

Disco;6966255

now, in english... would it be easier if I sent you the pages lol

:roll: Do yourself a favour, and stop using blooming dreamweaver, start coding it properly :thumbsup:

I put my reply as easy as possible :?

Search on google for "Jquery lightbox", find a version you like, (they all do different things).

Download the Zip file and extract it to the same document as your html pages.

Insert the javascript into the HTML head tags, for example.

You normally need 3 javascript headings, one will be inline css, 2 will be in files. The inline will be the ajax code for the lightbox. The files will be the main javascript.

Have a read on html @ [url]www.w3schools.com/html[/url]. I know you say you only do the sites for fun etc, but the future of web design is javascript libraries (such as jquery and mootools). Being able to code it without using dreamweaver is advisable as you need to be able to edit html code yourself to insert javascript based functions.

I'm too busy to be able to do it for you, it's worth learning it all. It's not difficult at all. There are thousands of tutorials to help you :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions