Vitality Insurance

Posted 9th Aug 2020
Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone had vitality life insurance, serious illness cover or income protection cover?

I am thinking of taking out a policy but concerned potentially being roped in with a cheaper price that increases steeply? I know there are discounts if you exercise.

Does anyone have any advice on Vitality?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
I have health insurance with them and would say they are good to claim with, but with any insurance you sometimes have to fight to prove a claim while they are trying to rightly remove fraudulent claims.

The rewards are a nice bonus and do help keep you active every week, very clever marketing because they benefit too for you being healthier.

If you are going to buy it anyway, why not get something in return?
I had private medical cover with Vitality for about 10 years and claimed 3 times for myself and 3 for my daughter and once for my wife.. Very easy to deal with for straightforward stuff like sporting injuries and investigations. One claim was refused as they judged it elective surgery, argued it and lost. I was quite impressed with their mental health cover which a colleague used and was very comprehensive. To be fair I had a similar positive experience with another provider, but Vitality has better perks. As with them all, read all the small print in detail to avoid nasty surprises.
Post a comment
@
    Text