VM extra TiVo box

Posted 16th Nov
so I agreed to add an extra box to my package for upstairs and the person I spoke to said I'd pay £49.95 for the box and £8 month for the multiroom subscription and that the £35 installation fee will be free and not added so I said ok I'm happy with that

just got the new bill and it looks like it's £35 higher than expected so I call VM who said that I've been billed my usual monthly bill plus £49.95 for the box and a £35 activation fee

so I didn't know I'd be charged an activation fee and an installation fee . is that right? there is an installation fee and an activation fee?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
They charged me an installation fee and activation fee the other month. I rang up and said wait a minute... who took the TiVo box and wires out the box then connected everything up? How can you charge an install fee when it was me who installed it? They said its standard.
Con artists to say the least
Toon_army16/11/2019 18:05

They charged me an installation fee and activation fee the other month. I …They charged me an installation fee and activation fee the other month. I rang up and said wait a minute... who took the TiVo box and wires out the box then connected everything up? How can you charge an install fee when it was me who installed it? They said its standard.Con artists to say the least

100% mate rip off. Can't believe it.
Is it possible to remove the landline while in contract? Trying to save money and I never use the landline
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 16th Nov
efc_4ever16/11/2019 18:06

100% mate rip off. Can't believe it.Is it possible to remove the landline …100% mate rip off. Can't believe it.Is it possible to remove the landline while in contract? Trying to save money and I never use the landline

I think you can remove any service you like but... your bill might end up more?

I got a deal through my mate, hes a Virgin installer. I pay £28 a month for phone, tv and 100meg. The phone line doesn't go into the wall anymore it goes straight into your router, thing I'm curious about is if my net goes off how can I make a phone call?

They messed up on this months bill and charged me £50, I rang straight up and spoke to some foreign lady I couldn't hardly understand. She said your accounts been now credited so your next bill will be £8. I told her I dont want credit I want the money back in my bank, I even said what if I went into over draft and was charged? She said it's ok Sir your account has been credited talking to a brick wall
Toon_army16/11/2019 18:15

I think you can remove any service you like but... your bill might end up …I think you can remove any service you like but... your bill might end up more?I got a deal through my mate, hes a Virgin installer. I pay £28 a month for phone, tv and 100meg. The phone line doesn't go into the wall anymore it goes straight into your router, thing I'm curious about is if my net goes off how can I make a phone call?They messed up on this months bill and charged me £50, I rang straight up and spoke to some foreign lady I couldn't hardly understand. She said your accounts been now credited so your next bill will be £8. I told her I dont want credit I want the money back in my bank, I even said what if I went into over draft and was charged? She said it's ok Sir your account has been credited talking to a brick wall

yep I've had problems communicating with them . I spoke to some bird in the Philippines today and like you said it's like talking to a brick wall. I paid £34 a month the last 12 months for 200mb , phone and full house TV. I just renewed now for £49 month because I lose my promotion from the last 12 months on my new contract so I've had a bit of a price increase.

I want the extra v6 box and she said they could do it for an extra £8 a month and they would waive the installation fee and I pay for the box but I just got my new bill through and it's a whopping £145

I know I had the box to pay for and obviously my usual monthly bill so I was expecting about £110 bill so I called them and they said I get charged £35 activation fee wtf
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 16th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions