your bill will be going up by £3.49 a month
!!!!

Frustrating !!!!!!!!
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
31796575-7Dyay.jpg
VM?
Vimto? Vibrating Muskrat?, Validated Moose?
sadly its that time of the year. Sky, BT, and the rest will soon follow. Ofcom as useless as usual in stopping the big companies as they please grrrrrrrrrrr
Anyone know a good *reliable* alternative cable provider send me a message!
Edited by: "DavieDeal" 25th Aug 2017
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PTibbets1 h, 36 m ago

Its a good time to cancel & get additional quidco & £100 reward card via …Its a good time to cancel & get additional quidco & £100 reward card via BT & then cancel BT when they raise their prices & resign with Virgin get more quidco & repeat. These things all have a positive

Does it apply that if they raise their prices then you are free to leave? I'm sure I had this before but wasn't sure if there were conditions
what if you are mid way in contract and prepaid the phone line in advance ? do you get money back for that ?
PTibbets6 m ago

There are people on here that know better than me & I think it only …There are people on here that know better than me & I think it only applies to price rises on phone & broadband. But when sky put their bb & phone prices up earlier this year I called them & they said I was free to leave & the said the quickest & easiest way to do it was just to instruct a new provider to take over the line.Then I went straight onto Quidco & got £80 cashback & a £100 prepaid mastercard via BT.So having done this with sky & bt in the same year I ended up with pretty much £300 cash. So broadband & phone have cost me nothing this year & I intend to move again when BT put up their prices.

Nice, I'll wait and see what happens in the next few weeks then
taiko1 h, 11 m ago

what if you are mid way in contract and prepaid the phone line in advance …what if you are mid way in contract and prepaid the phone line in advance ? do you get money back for that ?

Nope, you loose out. Unfortunately
badger26092 h, 11 m ago

Does it apply that if they raise their prices then you are free to leave? …Does it apply that if they raise their prices then you are free to leave? I'm sure I had this before but wasn't sure if there were conditions

They can raise prices annually in line with inflation/the RPI or whatever, any more than that and it will say in the email or letter that you are free to leave without penalty (with 30 days notice).
badger26093 h, 24 m ago

Does it apply that if they raise their prices then you are free to leave? …Does it apply that if they raise their prices then you are free to leave? I'm sure I had this before but wasn't sure if there were conditions

You are free to leave
PTibbets16 m ago

If you signed up under contract & you are within that term if they put the …If you signed up under contract & you are within that term if they put the bill up by even 1p you can leave without penalty within 30 days of notification. Uswitch "Under Ofcom regulations, you’re allowed to break your contract, penalty-free, if a provider increases your monthly subscription price from what was agreed at the point of sale.Once you receive your notice from a "provider" that prices will increase, you have 30 days in which you can switch providers without paying any fees, even if you’re in the middle of your contract."

You're right, they tend to avoid that though. For example I had an email off VM earlier this month advising me of the increase but saying I wouldn't be effected until my current contract ends.
is that the second or third time this year?
StevenBrown2 h, 50 m ago

is that the second or third time this year?

1st time. It was about same time last year.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants