VM Super Hub 3 printer issues

Found 26th Sep 2017
Hi All any technical geeks out there.

I have got an issue with my VM Super Hub 3 printing to my Dell E310dw wireless printer from any of my gadgets iPhone, android etc.

The printer connects to wifi okay. After a complete reboot I can print from my iPhone for about 5 minutes but then AirPrint cannot see the printer.

I can see the printer is still connected to the wifi by checking out settings on the router.

This issues never occurred with VM Super Hub 2.

I have spoken several times with VM technical support who said they had fixed it only to have the problem reoccur.

The latest is that they put me through to gadget rescue team who said they can fix it but will charge me £35 . This is not a problem with the printer but with the router. I explained this to them but they said it was a premium service.

I have checked VM forums - there are a lot of people who have had the same issues but none have come up with a solution that I can use.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Sorry I can't help you as have not had your problem. I also have a Superhub 3 and use a wireless Brother printer - but only print from laptops or desktops (both wireless and wired) and have never had a problem like you have experienced.

Have you tried printing from a Windows device? Are your problems with both ios and Android?

What I would suggest is that you disconnect the printer from the network and then reconnect it again - but I guess you've tried that.

How long have you had the Hub 3?
Have you checked what wireless signal the Hub has detected? There possibly could be a chance your wireless devices are connected on 5G and your printer is on 2G.

This is one problem I had with Hub 2 so made sure everything was working off 2G signal

Original Poster

Van197350 m ago

Sorry I can't help you as have not had your problem. I also have a …Sorry I can't help you as have not had your problem. I also have a Superhub 3 and use a wireless Brother printer - but only print from laptops or desktops (both wireless and wired) and have never had a problem like you have experienced. Have you tried printing from a Windows device? Are your problems with both ios and Android?What I would suggest is that you disconnect the printer from the network and then reconnect it again - but I guess you've tried that.

I cannot print from windows but then again I could not print using Super Hub 2 either. With the Mac I have the same problem as my IPhone.
I have tried disconnecting as well as a factory reset on the printer several times but issue returns.

Original Poster

pricesavvy44 m ago

How long have you had the Hub 3? Have you checked what wireless signal the …How long have you had the Hub 3? Have you checked what wireless signal the Hub has detected? There possibly could be a chance your wireless devices are connected on 5G and your printer is on 2G. This is one problem I had with Hub 2 so made sure everything was working off 2G signal

Yes thanks. Tried the above. The printer is on 2G signal and phone is on 5g. I have split both of the signals and ensured that the phone was on 2G but that has not solved the problem either.

sydney87117 m ago

I cannot print from windows but then again I could not print using Super …I cannot print from windows but then again I could not print using Super Hub 2 either. With the Mac I have the same problem as my IPhone.I have tried disconnecting as well as a factory reset on the printer several times but issue returns.

Sorry to say it but it makes me think it may be your printer - it is the common denominator across two routers and various source devices!

Is your printer near to the router so you could try using it wired? Does it have the latest drivers??

Have you seen this article re. deep sleep which describes similar loss of connectivity problems to you? en.community.dell.com/sup…541

Original Poster

Van19733 h, 24 m ago

Sorry to say it but it makes me think it may be your printer - it is the …Sorry to say it but it makes me think it may be your printer - it is the common denominator across two routers and various source devices! Is your printer near to the router so you could try using it wired? Does it have the latest drivers??Have you seen this article re. deep sleep which describes similar loss of connectivity problems to you? http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3528/t/19652541

Thanks. Tried this but unfortunately does not solve my issue.

Have you checked to see if your printer has issues with certain wifi channels ? I remember apple devices used to get annoyed with channel 13.

Original Poster

kester7622 m ago

Have you checked to see if your printer has issues with certain wifi …Have you checked to see if your printer has issues with certain wifi channels ? I remember apple devices used to get annoyed with channel 13.

My router is on channel 9 and the printer was on 11. I have changed the printer channel to 9 but that did not make any difference. I will try and set both to channel 9 and see if that solves it.

Having said this everything works fine for about 5 mins after a complete refresh. So not sure if this will make any difference.

sydney8712 m ago

My router is on channel 9 and the printer was on 11. I have changed the …My router is on channel 9 and the printer was on 11. I have changed the printer channel to 9 but that did not make any difference. I will try and set both to channel 9 and see if that solves it.Having said this everything works fine for about 5 mins after a complete refresh. So not sure if this will make any difference.

Have you tried putting the printer IP in the DMZ of your router?

sydney87113 m ago

My router is on channel 9 and the printer was on 11. I have changed the …My router is on channel 9 and the printer was on 11. I have changed the printer channel to 9 but that did not make any difference. I will try and set both to channel 9 and see if that solves it.Having said this everything works fine for about 5 mins after a complete refresh. So not sure if this will make any difference.

Your printer shouldn't be on the same wifi channel as your router as it should be atleast 3 channels separated from your router.

The wifi channel on your printer is for an adhoc network or wifi direct where you connect directly to your printer bypassing your router.
Edited by: "kester76" 28th Sep 2017

Original Poster

kester762 h, 23 m ago

Your printer shouldn't be on the same wifi channel as your router as it …Your printer shouldn't be on the same wifi channel as your router as it should be atleast 3 channels separated from your router. The wifi channel on your printer is for an adhoc network or wifi direct where you connect directly to your printer bypassing your router.

Ok thanks I'll change it and see it works
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions