VM VIP retention deal

Found 13th Dec 2017
Hi All

My Virgin Media VIP package comes to an end this month. Will go from £85 to £125. So nearlly £500 extra a year.

Does anyone have any experience as to negotiating a retention package with them. On the VM forum - only one example of £98 per month.
Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Wow £85 pm and we are moaning at £20 ish good luck finding a good deal
I tried several times recently and was informed that the business model has completely changed and retention deals are no longer a thing. Instead it's all about attracting new customers on long deals and then stuffing them with no further discounts unless you want to switch.

I don't know how legitimate this is but I tried several times, have been a customer since before they were Virgin and gave genuine threats to leave before getting this bloke who was the most human person I'd spoken to and took the time to explain everything to me. He said they are equally frustrated with it.
I moved from virgin last year best I ever did moved to Sky via topcashback got a £100 shopping card plus cashback and much lower price each month and also not had broadband slowing down or cutting out.
A word of warning if you do leave Virgin Cancel your DD because they will take out even thought they promise not to .
I had to go to official body to get my money back
Got a retention deal a week ago. Don't have TV but have broadband and phone. I have 200mb and XL phone and line rental for £31. So they are still doing retention deals it seems.
as above they still do retentions, put in your cancelation and normally get a call within a couple of days, call first and make sure you have all of your marketing preferences set up so they can call you. We got 200Mb BB only for £26 a few weeks ago.
200Mb+basic phone line £21, I got this back in Nov
Nikidoodles7 h, 45 m ago

I tried several times recently and was informed that the business model …I tried several times recently and was informed that the business model has completely changed and retention deals are no longer a thing. Instead it's all about attracting new customers on long deals and then stuffing them with no further discounts unless you want to switch.I don't know how legitimate this is but I tried several times, have been a customer since before they were Virgin and gave genuine threats to leave before getting this bloke who was the most human person I'd spoken to and took the time to explain everything to me. He said they are equally frustrated with it.

That would sound about right, except virgin media raise the price that often that you don’t have to be in any contract very long.

i just get basic tv phone and 200mbps at 40% off retention deal (they called it something different like loyalty deal though)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions