Expired

Vodafone 20% employee discount

Found 4th May 2013
I am retired from npower and my partner retired from the fires service. we both get company pensions. Vodafone do a 20% discount for both npower and the fire service but the customer service guy I spoke to said that as retired employees there is no discount. does anyone know if this is correct. Thanks.

9 Comments

Banned

here's the logic.

it's the EMPLOYEE discount. you're no longer employee, therefore not eligible for it.

what's so difficult to understand?

If you have friends or family that still work for a company that is eligible for the employee discount they can sign you up.

Have a read of this & see if it helps.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/employee-advantage/index.htm

There are quite a few companies that are signed up to the scheme so you may be able to carry on via a relative if they sign you up as one of the 6 people they can have.

BA11

here's the logic.it's the EMPLOYEE discount. you're no longer employee, … here's the logic.it's the EMPLOYEE discount. you're no longer employee, therefore not eligible for it.what's so difficult to understand?

not sure I got that, its a tricky concept, can you run through it again?

Original Poster

Thankyou Sustar, for you constructive and helpful answer. To the other two, thankyou for your sarcasm , what charming people you must be.

Original Poster

I have been back in touch with Vodafone, and it seems that retired employees CAN claim the discount. Two new phones on their way to me. To the very rude people who have replied - please do not post replies unless you know the correct answer - its pointless and makes you look stupid.

Ziggy666

I have been back in touch with Vodafone, and it seems that retired … I have been back in touch with Vodafone, and it seems that retired employees CAN claim the discount. Two new phones on their way to me. To the very rude people who have replied - please do not post replies unless you know the correct answer - its pointless and makes you look stupid.

Thanks for the update Ziggy666. I am glad you found my earlier response helpful. That is what these threads should be, helping each other out where we know information.

Glad you have it all sorted and are still eligible for the discount. Enjoy your new phones and your retirement

Original Poster

Thanks Sustar

how come you get a discount when us other poor workers get none, doesnt seem far to me to get privileges that us others cant have i would love to have 20% off my bill

Original Poster

You have to phone them and ask if the company you work for are enrolled in the scheme. They do it for NHS, British Gas and loads of others. They told me that if companies are not enrolled, they only have to apply so ask your boss. Good Luck :-)

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.