Vodafone approaching 4,500 negative reviews on TP

Found 7th Sep 2017
uk.trustpilot.com/rev….uk

almost 4500 0.5/10 reviews for vodafone mobile. Their latest con seems to be fraudulently adding extra time on contract without even asking or informing customers.

I'm genuinely shocked they are still in business. Their tactics are not unlike fraud and I genuinely feel sorry for anyone stuck in a loop with them trying to fix a contract. I was stuck with them for months trying to fix their problems with my contract and in the end I had to contact the financial ombudsman.

Don't be tempted by their low price offers, it will genuinely end up with you spending months of phone calls trying to fix it.
Community Updates
Misc
18 Comments
I recently upgraded with them. Had a few minor hiccups so far. But was solved within 2 phone calls and I've gotten compensation for my time.

Not had any over charges, or anything like that.
kos1c3 m ago

I recently upgraded with them. Had a few minor hiccups so far. But was …I recently upgraded with them. Had a few minor hiccups so far. But was solved within 2 phone calls and I've gotten compensation for my time. Not had any over charges, or anything like that.

I got a cheap deal from them but they kept overcharging me and saying the deal I got didn't exist. I had them check the recording and low and behold they've admitted I was right. It took me no less than 40 calls over the space of few months to get my problems fixed.

Just last month I ring them up to say my dad's contract is due to expire (took it out August 2015) they say no it expires next March 2018. I'm like wtf that's like a 30 month contract they don't exist. The guy I chat to has the cheek to say we are right so no point in asking but I'll check. Low and behold he comes back and says ok your contract end date has been amended.

Complete set of fraudsters. I get some consolation in telling them how crap they are when I do online chat.
kos1c7 m ago

I recently upgraded with them. Had a few minor hiccups so far. But was …I recently upgraded with them. Had a few minor hiccups so far. But was solved within 2 phone calls and I've gotten compensation for my time. Not had any over charges, or anything like that.

count your days sir
bbfb12310 m ago

I got a cheap deal from them but they kept overcharging me and saying the …I got a cheap deal from them but they kept overcharging me and saying the deal I got didn't exist. I had them check the recording and low and behold they've admitted I was right. It took me no less than 40 calls over the space of few months to get my problems fixed.Just last month I ring them up to say my dad's contract is due to expire (took it out August 2015) they say no it expires next March 2018. I'm like wtf that's like a 30 month contract they don't exist. The guy I chat to has the cheek to say we are right so no point in asking but I'll check. Low and behold he comes back and says ok your contract end date has been amended.Complete set of fraudsters. I get some consolation in telling them how crap they are when I do online chat.

I had a major issue the year before last. Same took 40 hours to solve, but managed to get close to a 3rd off my bill taken off in the process. (Around £270 in compensation over the weeks of calling here and there).

This time I got a Samsung s8 end of July for £35/M, and they've so far paid for the upfront cost (£30) and covered the cost of my first two months on my bill.
Given me an extra 4gb of data (8 total).

I was going to go else where but I really wanted an s8. ><
Creatishh7th Sep 2017

count your days sir

I've already had major problems with Vodafone but as sorting those out I've learnt it's really easy to get your way with then as well.

As above (replied to another member). I've had loads of money off because they've messed me about.

When things go well with Vodafone they go rather well. But on the other side of the scale it does go really bad.
Every company I have worked for in the past 15 years has used Vodafone for their company mobiles.
Can't say I noticed anything bad as a company mobile phone user.
Maybe the complaints are about their personal contracts?
kos1c2 m ago

I've already had major problems with Vodafone but as sorting those out …I've already had major problems with Vodafone but as sorting those out I've learnt it's really easy to get your way with then as well. As above (replied to another member). I've had loads of money off because they've messed me about. When things go well with Vodafone they go rather well. But on the other side of the scale it does go really bad.

what problems did you have?
Destard3 m ago

Every company I have worked for in the past 15 years has used Vodafone for …Every company I have worked for in the past 15 years has used Vodafone for their company mobiles.Can't say I noticed anything bad as a company mobile phone user.Maybe the complaints are about their personal contracts?

Yeah they are definitely about the personal contracts. It's just BS that they do adverts on tv like "hey our signal is great join us" when in actual fact they just hook you with low prices then continually fk up your contract details. Worst part is you are stuck with them in a contract and if you cancel or believe you have cancelled a contract they put it on your credit file as missed payments.

They genuinely are a horrible, lying set of scammers that hopefully will cease to exist in the near future...much like initial citylink delivery company. I laughed my Tits off when they went bust.
I've used Vodafone in the past, i did call them occasionally for unlocking phones etc not had many problems but always had spectacular service when I spoke to them and never waited that long for them to pick up compared with ee who I'm currently with.

Edit: ee network goes down at least once a month, literally. It's good when it works.
Edited by: "MR1123" 7th Sep 2017
Creatishh7th Sep 2017

what problems did you have?

3rd contract with Vodafone (SIM only first. 2 years with a note 3 then into an s6 edge).

Was sold the contract with 30% discount 1gb and a bonus 2gb of extra data.

Turns out the bonus 2gb was only for one month. But was told it was for full length.

Vodafone used to do an all you can eat data (Vodafone red trial) for 3 months. So by the time I found out I only had 1 gb of data it was last the 90 days that they keep the call logs.

Was months of me chasing it up. Emailing ombudsman etc. Then emailing the CEO. Which finally lead to having my contract reset with the new price plan but the same remaining months (4gb unlimited mins and text for same cost).

Think in total compensation I got £270 over the course of 4 months of complaining, and 10 months of paid Spotify from Vodafone.

This time around, given 4gb and offered an extra 2gb for full contract. Ran out after 30 days and I've chased it up. Got given a bit of cash and 4gb extra data as they do 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb and 16gb contracts. The system won't let them make a 6gb/M contract.

This time around 1 month in and I've been given £84 in compensation over minor things.
Good, They are thieves.
I had some issues when i started my contract with billing errors/overcharging, but they were always rectified within 10 minutes of speaking with customer services.

Haven't had any issues since, but then again I haven't needed to speak to CS
Quite surprised it's so few tbh
Edited by: "plodging" 8th Sep 2017
I upgraded with them 2 years ago. They were offering a good deal on the s6 edge. Had a few minor issues with number porting. Took max of 10 days and 2/3 calls to sort. I rang them within the first year to buy 2gb extra data for a month. The woman gave it me free for that month and told me I'd have to ring again if I wanted it again after that month. It's been about 18 months and I've still have the 2gb extra for free ever since.

I've just upgraded with them again because I'm genuinely happy with the service they provide. I have more issues with my internet provider than I do phone provider.

Bare in mind a lot of people will only review if something goes wrong. I've never reviewed before and yet I'm very happy with them.
I would always remember them for the LG G2 debacle.
you cant trust trustpilots reviews just look at hotdealer favourite john lewis as people only post when they have issues, but some companies really are that bad.
eslick22 m ago

you cant trust trustpilots reviews just look at hotdealer favourite john …you cant trust trustpilots reviews just look at hotdealer favourite john lewis as people only post when they have issues, but some companies really are that bad.

Vodafone being one of those genuinely bad companies
Been with them 4 years now not had one issue i had more trouble on EE
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants