Vodafone broadband - experience

Posted 12th May
I have a Vodafone phone & sim and have now been offered Superfast broadband for £19.95.

It says it will do up to 63mps.

Just wondered what have been peoples experience of them? Streaming, game play, torrenting? Do they throttle download speeds?

Our current provider is 3 network on 4g - our internet used to be spotty so we've been using that - but it's not as fast as these promised speeds. We can have 3 TVs stream for most of the day.

Any thoughts/suggests would be helpful.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
The general consensus when I did my research last month was that if you can get a good reliable connection with them then it’s fine. But they don’t have the back room support to be able to provide a good service to a full network like the bigger players. I was predicted 62meg but when set up I only managed 48meg after two weeks settling in. Left them under the line speed promise thing and went with TalkTalk, predicted 62meg again and now end up getting 74meg with them instead and haven’t been disconnected in 22 days.
I joined Vodafone 2 weeks ago. Predicted speed was 52Mbps and I actually get a steady 63. My PC runs on Wifi and is upstairs with the modem downstairs in the lounge and that gets 50/55Mbps. So far so good.
ArcadeAssassin12/05/2020 11:51

The general consensus when I did my research last month was that if you …The general consensus when I did my research last month was that if you can get a good reliable connection with them then it’s fine. But they don’t have the back room support to be able to provide a good service to a full network like the bigger players. I was predicted 62meg but when set up I only managed 48meg after two weeks settling in. Left them under the line speed promise thing and went with TalkTalk, predicted 62meg again and now end up getting 74meg with them instead and haven’t been disconnected in 22 days.

I had the same experience with Vodafone, so I too went with TalkTalk...

so I’m on the 63mb line
and in the cooling off period, I was getting between 68-78 speeds, disconnecting for the first week, but then settled

anyway cue day 32
the speeds drop to between 19-25mbps, and the internet disconnects every time the home phone rings

I think I’m now about 6 months in
and for the past month, my speeds have been a steady 55mbps, no more/no less. as for the disconnect everytime the phone rings, well that’s just, sometimes it does/sometimes it doesn’t

I wish I’d have given Vodafone a little more time to steady the line speeds out
Vodafone Superfast 2 63mb = £22.99p/m

Been with them a couple of years now very good. Only had a couple of problems and that was cus BT Open reach messed up at the box nearby.
40722234-BNoUT.jpg
Edited by: "StonkwellBogtrotter" 12th May
Just switched away from them after 2 years. I've had a few issues, the last of which is they're asking for me to send the router back or I'll get fined! Never heard of that before!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions