Vodafone Broadband price increase

Posted 11th Oct
DId anyone else get an email from Vodafone broadband about a £2.50 price increase on the monthly broadband costs?

Can we use this to cancel the contract and go with someone else?
Community Updates

Groups

11 Comments
Haven't got anything on mine
you cant if they told you at the point of sale that they would put the price up during the contract

I think most now tell you that in advance, although im not sure about voda but thats your only escape route if they didnt tell you / not in their terms and conditions
Hope they haven't. Didnt get email too. I would leave if I could and found a good deal but Vodafone are good
If there is a "cancel at no penalty option" as a direct result of a non-RPI price rise, the cancellation option will also be part of the price rise notification, unless Voda chooses to flout OFCOM requirements, which is kinda unlikely (although maybe not impossible / erroneous).
I got the same email recently. It stated it would go up in my next cycle. Gave me 3 options. 1. Accept the increase. 2. Accept a new contract offer at £24pm or 3. cancel.

I opted to phone them and they offered to discount it further to £21.60 and give me there new updated router (Vox 3.0) for free. I will say that there new router seems spot on. There last one was awful. So much so I used my own. Now though I'm using the Vox 3.0 router. Part of the discount is because I'm already a Vodafone customer.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 12th Oct
Not had anything through yet.
thanks all. I am going to ring them up tomorrow and see what they can do.
They might offer you a cheaper deal or give you additional extras for a discounted rate but you don't have to accept these if you're not happy with them. You have 30 days to cancel your contract penalty free from the date you’re notified your bill will be increasing.
I rang up and cancelled, might be worth trying for those who did not get an email. Going to look for a new provider now
niffer114/10/2019 08:46

I rang up and cancelled, might be worth trying for those who did not get …I rang up and cancelled, might be worth trying for those who did not get an email. Going to look for a new provider now

Good luck finding one as cheap
AndyRoyd11/10/2019 20:48

If there is a "cancel at no penalty option" as a direct result of a …If there is a "cancel at no penalty option" as a direct result of a non-RPI price rise, the cancellation option will also be part of the price rise notification, unless Voda chooses to flout OFCOM requirements, which is kinda unlikely (although maybe not impossible / erroneous).

Current price rise notifications appear to include the cancellation option according to latest thread (16 Oct 2019) hotukdeals.com/dis…178
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants