Vodafone Broadband Reviews

Posted 9th Jun 2020
Hello.

I am currently with Sky for fibre broadband, TV (basic package) and anytime calls.
This costs £29 for fibre, £15 for TV and £10 for calls = £54
I get about 28-34 download which is what my package is for.

My contract is up in August so I am looking at other offers right now. £54 is now quite expensive. To be honest I don't need the TV.

Vodafone have a good deal right now on Superfast 2 Extra.
Speeds up to 63mb, anytime calls and apple TV for a year for £30.95.
They say minimum 55mb or 15% off.

This seems a really good deal to me - but I am not sure what Vodafone are like.
It is a 2 year contract.

Reading online there seems to be some really bad reviews and really good - same as always! A lot seem to be about the router. This isn't an issue for me as i wouldn't be using it. I am also not fussed about getting 55-63mb. Anywhere around 35-40 is fine for me. So if they just kock 15% off that is £26.30 a month.

So all i am after is a stable, relibale connection, getting around 35-40mb.
I will look to go bac to Sky to haggle first - but would like to hear anyone's experiencewith Vodafone first
Community Updates
Ask
29 Comments
Vodafone consistently poll at the bottom for customer service, and from personal experience I had a nightmare with them when they tried to charge me £350 for an old phone bill. Yes, all companies have some good, some bad reviews, but Vodafone is next level.

Their prices are attractive, but if anything goes wrong there will be trouble. So I guess you need to weigh up what's more important. Didn't realise they locked you into 2 years nowadays.
Was it in the same position as you. Saw mixed reviews. Was unsure of Vodafone broadband. Been with them for awhile now. Couldn't be happier. Did contact them one time at the beginning for connection issues. Since then, connection has never dropped. Needed some settings changed (but you can do that on their app). Works well in every room. Get 70mb speed. Promised less than that.

Look through cashback sites. Cashback as well as a free Google Hub (which I sold) when I purchased broadband with them.
Edited by: "AgentSmith" 9th Jun
I have been with Vodafone for the last 18 months. Genuinely... not had a single problem except for two sporadic 30 min dropouts. I’ve only had to contact their customer services once who I found to be courteous and efficient. They guaranteed my speed would be 54mbps or they would give me a 15% discount for the lifetime of the contract. I knew for a fact that I’ve never been able to achieve those speeds with any provider. So it soon turned out my connection Max’s out at 44mbps (which I already knew). They did a speed check their end and then honoured the 15% discount no questions asked.
deleted2493993
Go with Now Broadband, owned by Sky so pretty much the same service but cheaper and a 12 month contract too.
Edited by: "deleted2493993" 9th Jun
I normally alternate between BT and Plusnet for my broadband. In January I decided to give Vodafone a go as there was a £150 cashback offer at the time.

A couple of days in March my internet on my laptop was very slow, speed tests show 2Mbps, although on the PS4 didn't seem to have an issue, so possibly hardware issue. Sync speed on their app was showing 53.8Mbps (and still is) and since it's less than the 55Mbps guaranteed speed, I get the 15% discount. I've not had issues since then.

I've never had to contact customer services so don't know how good they are in that department.

Overall, I'm happy with the speeds they supply (not the 2Mbps) and I'm going to get a Vodafone sim to save a further £2 per month.
Do you really need the anytime calls? Do you not have unlimited minutes on your mobile phone SIM or contract?

Fibre without calls can be had for about £22/month from previous deals hotukdeals.com/sea…bre
PenguinsForAll09/06/2020 12:36

Do you really need the anytime calls? Do you not have unlimited minutes on …Do you really need the anytime calls? Do you not have unlimited minutes on your mobile phone SIM or contract?Fibre without calls can be had for about £22/month from previous deals https://www.hotukdeals.com/search?q=vodafone+fibre

Yeah I have seen that.

I would still like to have the landline. I get excellent mobile signal everywhere except at home. I also do still use the landline quite a lot.

That’s why I like BT offer of 500 minutes for £5 - instead of actually having to have unlimited anytime.
But I’m not hugely fussed at £8 for calls.
jdfx1709/06/2020 12:38

Yeah I have seen that. I would still like to have the landline. I get …Yeah I have seen that. I would still like to have the landline. I get excellent mobile signal everywhere except at home. I also do still use the landline quite a lot.That’s why I like BT offer of 500 minutes for £5 - instead of actually having to have unlimited anytime.But I’m not hugely fussed at £8 for calls.

Does your mobile provider not offer wifi calls?
PenguinsForAll09/06/2020 12:42

Does your mobile provider not offer wifi calls?

Not that I knew of - until now!

I had heard of WiFi calls but didn’t think Virgin offered it. But looks like they do know. You have opened me up to a new world of goodness haha
I took the chance with Vodafone broadband instead of staying with bt and even though it is the same line by gave me 20mb up and 8down even though I was on a56mb package voda consistently gives me 75mb up and 22 down, I had to get a second WiFi router as the first one broke, BUT on review I may have broken it!, Customer services are exceptional and very quick, I did look at reviews and called them at hq Newbury and their answers made me go for it.
scms09/06/2020 12:59

I took the chance with Vodafone broadband instead of staying with bt and …I took the chance with Vodafone broadband instead of staying with bt and even though it is the same line by gave me 20mb up and 8down even though I was on a56mb package voda consistently gives me 75mb up and 22 down, I had to get a second WiFi router as the first one broke, BUT on review I may have broken it!, Customer services are exceptional and very quick, I did look at reviews and called them at hq Newbury and their answers made me go for it.

Thanks.

What sort of answers made you go for it, do you mind me asking?

I have seen a lot of bad customer service reviews and hard to get a hold of.
I must say I called them to enquire this morning and got through to someone straight away - which is a positive
I've had some bad experiences with then regarding customer service where nothing happened for months despite their promises. Finally managed to get out in touch with the office of the head of customer service and finally things got done. But it has put me off them and their mobiles department too. That said my brother's don't have s problem with them so I might have been unlucky
jdfx1709/06/2020 12:52

Not that I knew of - until now!I had heard of WiFi calls but didn’t think V …Not that I knew of - until now!I had heard of WiFi calls but didn’t think Virgin offered it. But looks like they do know. You have opened me up to a new world of goodness haha

Awesome, I think they've offered it for some years now!

The only people that seem to buy landline calls these days are pensioners and others that refuse to get with modern times.

Now that you just need fibre and no calls/TV it should make it easier to find a company.

I'd avoid TalkTalk like the plague as poor service experience + foreign call centres = bad support. Not that UK support is automatically good!
I know someone at their hq and asked about current and planned services and investment into BB and fibre also quarantees and get out clauses if things go awry, the assurances I received were enough for me
Really depends on your location on your speed. You might be capped by that but you'll get the 15% discount.

I moved over from virgin, with who I had terrible customer service, poor WiFi connection, and not the promised speeds. On retention they didn't offer a good deal as we were downloading almost 800GB a month due to streaming.

Moved the Vodafone and very happy getting around 65-70mb consistently, and no dropouts so far. The new router provided gives better coverage than the Virgin one. Haven't had to use customer service so can't comment on that, but haven't had to contact them so that's the upside.

Definitely check broadband genie if there are offers around, I managed to get a 100£ Amazon voucher.
A lot of peoples issues were/are due to there old router which was absolutely dreadful. The new one is so much better and I've not had any issues with it. I had a physical line issue that required open reach. I contacted Vodafone in the evening and open reach came out the next day.

I've had mixed experiences customer service, I had a glitch on my account that meant they never took any money, It was stuck in July 2016 for some reason. However the bill was rising all the time. I contacted Vodafone several times which became rather frustrating. Anyway several months later they fixed the glitch and cancelled the whole bill which was for over £500!

They're always available via online chat via app etc.. they do usually answer the phone in a reasonable time scale etc..

My sync speed is slightly under the minimum speed guarantee. I could turn my router off and on and it'd sync above it but I'd rather have the 15% discount which I get every month. My speed is consistent night and day, peak, off peak etc.. However I'm in a semi rural location so probably not as much demand etc.. Some folk in Cities may have more issues etc..
Now TV fibre package from £22 with anytime calls, nowtv.com/broadband
Don’t forget £80 Quidco.
Edited by: "natah" 9th Jun
I'm on my second month with Vodafone Superfast 2 and so far so good. Was predicted at 57mbps but consistently get above 63mbps. Did deal through TCB so if all goes well will get £80 back.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 9th Jun
I've found Vodafone to be a good experience as a customer, so much so, that I renewed with them for another 18month deal.

Zen Internet they are not, so if you want to sort out any techie issues, you have to go through the whole rigmarole of talking to 1st line, then listening to their scripted "I am very sorry sir, and I want to help resolve your problem" but they haven't got a clue about most technical things you're telling them.
Insist on being given a reference number for any complaints you raise, that way you quickly establish you aren't their typical dufus customer, and you want what you are paying for.

Once you get yourself a stable line to your home (which is the realm of BTOpenReach anyway) make sure cabling to your property is checked all the way up to the streetside cabinet for signal to noise ratio. If it's comfortably within the acceptable parameters you shouldn't have connection issues unless Vodafone's servers suffer hiccups which in nearly 3 years, has happened twice for about 30 mins per occasion.

Most intermittent problems occur when the cabinet isn't impervious to the weather, and contacts oxidising as a result of exposure to the elements.

It's the game you have to play until you stumble across a BTOpenReach engineer that wants to help. If you can demonstrate that you've done your due diligence, they tend not to fob you off. Get them to install a master socket with independent port for broadband and another for your phoneline.
If you get problems after rainfall, tell them, and build up your case by indicating you are keeping a log of when the problems occur.

Most people don't bother with that, and just scream - It's not working. Tech engineers tend to help people who give them as much information as they can to help them diagnose the problem.

BT broadband has been to date the worst provider I have ever been with. Largely due to the attitude their offshore 1st/2nd line support team based in India exhibit. (Same attitude co-workers have in the off-shore support office have - there's a bit of a chip on their shoulder you have to break down).
Kept on hold many a time for 59.58 minutes, then they hang up.
Asking to speak to a supervisor - they transfer it another 1st line operative who hangs up when you start explaining that you've been repeating yourself to how many people.

Vodafone 1st/2nd line support is based in Morocco I think. They are polite, but there's the occasional language misunderstanding.
If you need to raise a complaint, that's when 3rd line/customer complaints based in the UK get involved.
They're the first to raise their hand and offer compensation if you've allowed their process to run once and then explain to them that you went for them because they advertise a reliable service. Pour on the " I thought Vodafone was supposed to be a worldclass provider in telecoms" and they realise you're not their average numpty.
Edited by: "TopTrump" 10th Jun
I’m in same boat
Plan on joining from BT
Wonder what the best deal to get superfast 2 right now
Seen a broadband Choice at 30 cashback and 75 voucher
Is there anything better right now
abdul509/06/2020 16:09

I’m in same boat Plan on joining from BT Wonder what the best deal to get s …I’m in same boat Plan on joining from BT Wonder what the best deal to get superfast 2 right now Seen a broadband Choice at 30 cashback and 75 voucherIs there anything better right now

That’s the best deal I have seen
jdfx1709/06/2020 18:26

That’s the best deal I have seen

Should I word to see if any new deals come up around after 15/6
I never had a problem with my connection when I used Vodafone.

However, it did take a 3 month fight to get my Amazon voucher whixh was part of the promotion to switch to them.

They also raised their prices in December last year and emailed to say I could leave my contract early due to the price increase, which I did. When Vodafone continued to bill me over a month after I left, I cancelled my direct debit while I tried to sort out the problem. It took another month to get fixed, including dealing with Vodafone adding late payment fees to fees that shouldn't have been charged.

Vodafone frequently gave contradicting information agreeing I had left correctly, but followed that by saying I was still under contract for the full duration.

I eventually received my refund with no explanation or apology, and have since switched a few family members accounts to better deals away from Vodafone.
PenguinsForAll09/06/2020 13:22

Awesome, I think they've offered it for some years now!The only people …Awesome, I think they've offered it for some years now!The only people that seem to buy landline calls these days are pensioners and others that refuse to get with modern times. Now that you just need fibre and no calls/TV it should make it easier to find a company. I'd avoid TalkTalk like the plague as poor service experience + foreign call centres = bad support. Not that UK support is automatically good!

We're with TalkTalk & have been for years without issue, but i had to contact CS last week due to no internet. Yes it was a foreign call centre but the guy was polite & escalated our issue when he couldn't resolve it. We were back online the same day so i couldn't fault them!
Littlemunckin09/06/2020 20:58

We're with TalkTalk & have been for years without issue, but i had to …We're with TalkTalk & have been for years without issue, but i had to contact CS last week due to no internet. Yes it was a foreign call centre but the guy was polite & escalated our issue when he couldn't resolve it. We were back online the same day so i couldn't fault them!

Lucky! I couldn't even get them to tell me if I could order ultrafast, lost in translation no matter how easily I tried saying I wasn't a customer... He kept trying to put me through security questions before accessing my 5 year old inactive account! Gave up in the end and went with someone else.

I remember when I was with talktalk years ago I'd get frequent disconnects and constant maintenance at 1am.

Thats the issue with budget providers like talktalk, Vodafone and others, they sometimes over subscribe their services so its a roll of the dice.
PenguinsForAll10/06/2020 00:03

Lucky! I couldn't even get them to tell me if I could order ultrafast, …Lucky! I couldn't even get them to tell me if I could order ultrafast, lost in translation no matter how easily I tried saying I wasn't a customer... He kept trying to put me through security questions before accessing my 5 year old inactive account! Gave up in the end and went with someone else.I remember when I was with talktalk years ago I'd get frequent disconnects and constant maintenance at 1am.Thats the issue with budget providers like talktalk, Vodafone and others, they sometimes over subscribe their services so its a roll of the dice.

It's a risk isn't. We dreaded ringing them knowing they can't deal with anything "off script" so were pleasantly surprised.

Nothing will ever beat the abysmal CS at O2 internet back in the day though...accidentally cut off for 6 weeks, all because we questioned why it was so slow
So decided to go with the Superfast 2 Extra for £30.95. £80 cash back tracked with Quidco.
Family decided they still wanted landline. But get Apple TV for free which I could sell.

Will see what the service is like.
I got rid of TV /phone as mobiles are unlimited.Freeview is free and the same as what virgin were asking £20 for.
Just pay b/b 100mb £28.50 but will give notice and they'll come back with a deal.
jdfx1710/06/2020 18:07

So decided to go with the Superfast 2 Extra for £30.95. £80 cash back t …So decided to go with the Superfast 2 Extra for £30.95. £80 cash back tracked with Quidco.Family decided they still wanted landline. But get Apple TV for free which I could sell.Will see what the service is like.

Just in case anyone is wondering.

Been with Vodafone now since 24th. Very happy with everything so far.
Switched over fine - just plugged new router in first thing and worked all okay. Previously with sky I got 28-34 on a good day. First few days I was getting 28-30 with Vodafone. I now have it setup in my usual place (network cabinet in cupboard) and run off Ubiquiti AP. Getting solid 38-42 over WiFi now and 42-43 on wired. Sync showing 45.4 so happy with that. Ping is also 26 vs 35 before.

Yes it is less than the 55 - but I knew I would never get that. But I am happy as getting better than I was with sky and for cheaper. Plus I will be claiming the 15% in a few days when my 10 day period is over.

So happy bunny if it stays this way
Post a comment
@
    Text