Vodafone broadband users

Found 28th Nov 2017
Hi, are you with Vodafone broadband.
are you using a switch, or have you changed the router they supplied.
I started with Vodafone today and wondered why my switch no longer works, eventually I found you are limited to the 4 Ethernet ports on the router. You cannot add a switch, hence most of my network no longer works....
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
deleted1597344
If you have a network switch within your LAN then there is absolutely no reason why it would not work just because you changed ISP and router. What switch is it? Have you tried to reboot it?
Is there a configuration page for this switch, it could still be looking for the old gateway ip
deleted159734428th Nov 2017

If you have a network switch within your LAN then there is absolutely no …If you have a network switch within your LAN then there is absolutely no reason why it would not work just because you changed ISP and router. What switch is it? Have you tried to reboot it?

I have tried several switches, from simple ones to managed hubs, they didn’t work. After speaking to Vodafone you are not permitted to fit one. I believe you are limited to 4 ip addresses in the Ethernet config.
when speaking to them they lied about the reason with some attempt at a networking explanation.
was with BT yesterday, now need to switch back.....
Dannyrobbo23 m ago

Is there a configuration page for this switch, it could still be looking …Is there a configuration page for this switch, it could still be looking for the old gateway ip

See my reply below, above I meant..
Edited by: "Sambat" 28th Nov 2017
deleted1597344
Do you have the Vodafone Huawei HHG2500 ?

Never heard of such rubbish to be honest, how can they apply limitations on the number of IP’s that can be distributed via Ethernet ...
I'm with Vodafone, never heard of this but the router is a bit rubbish (although I find the service great, lots of Vodafone bashers out there). A bit different to what you're doing but I've got 1 ethernet port connected a homeplug and that's connected to a switch on another homeplug in another room. Although I guess there's no way the router would know what's connected to the 2nd homeplug but maybe a workaround?
My switch works out of the box and I'm using router from vodafone
deleted159734428th Nov 2017

Do you have the Vodafone Huawei HHG2500 ?Never heard of such rubbish to be …Do you have the Vodafone Huawei HHG2500 ?Never heard of such rubbish to be honest, how can they apply limitations on the number of IP’s that can be distributed via Ethernet ...

I wonder if it's to stop it being used for businesses? Only reason I can think off.. or maybe it's to stop overloading the CPU of the router as it's a bit gash.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants