Groups

vodafone change T&C's

Just got a Txt informing me of the change of t&C's regarding there World Price Plan.
    Could be a Get out clause for some people .. Hopefully will help some people out

it says to Call 40050 Free of Charge for more information

31 Comments

please feed back when you have more info.. sounds interesting... looking to move to 02, as VF are poor

sometimes a change in T&C's means they give you a chance to leave the company within 30 days of the change if you dont accept them.

However, sometimes they will simply point to another T&C that says they are able to change T&C's as and when they want. But normally, companies will give you a chance to leave if you disagree to the new T&C's.

Original Poster

abroad.vodafone.co.uk/vod…ld/

Current Pricing

Then ring the Number listed in the first post to see the differences

anyone managed to cancel or is it a non starter??

A colleague has just had phone call off customer...and apparently Ofcom told them that under Criteria 9.3 (not sure what that is to be honest) if a company changes it's T&C's and the cost goes up by more than 10% then you can cancel without charge. Not sure how true this is...might want to check with Ofcom (0300 123 3333).

Original Poster

Sent mine intoday , used the t-mobile letter as a bit of a draft and added my own bits and pieces

anyone else got anymore info?

I upgraded last week - be fun to get out..

Anyone got any more info on this ?

I've only made calls abroad a couple of times but a I could come up with something to make it seem like I will be affected.

May send them an email outlining my 'concerns' and attempt asking for my PAC. I'm assuming I can give them notice via email as I did at the end of my contract last year.

Original Poster

DFN;7714093

Anyone got any more info on this ?I've only made calls abroad a couple of … Anyone got any more info on this ?I've only made calls abroad a couple of times but a I could come up with something to make it seem like I will be affected.May send them an email outlining my 'concerns' and attempt asking for my PAC. I'm assuming I can give them notice via email as I did at the end of my contract last year.

Send it all in writing as a 'LETTER'
    always ask for the responce in a letter ..

mrluke;7719574

Send it all in writing as a 'LETTER'always ask for the responce in a … Send it all in writing as a 'LETTER'always ask for the responce in a letter ..

Random...but what address have you written to?

Original Poster

dissconnections .. Only address i could find.

would be interested to find out if anyone has any luck with this , fancy a iphone but still another year left on my contract but a change in t and c might help me barter with them

davidn84;7691636

A colleague has just had phone call off customer...and apparently Ofcom … A colleague has just had phone call off customer...and apparently Ofcom told them that under Criteria 9.3 (not sure what that is to be honest) if a company changes it's T&C's and the cost goes up by more than 10% then you can cancel without charge. Not sure how true this is...might want to check with Ofcom (0300 123 3333).

Yes I think it's something like that, but I think you have to have used the service to be eligible.

mrluke;7722782

dissconnections .. Only address i could find.

Do you happen to know what that address is? Could give you higher escalation address if that disconnection address doesnt work.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;7722954

Yes I think it's something like that, but I think you have to have used … Yes I think it's something like that, but I think you have to have used the service to be eligible.

Does that mean we must have made an international call to have a leg to stand on to leave?

Im not sure i understand this, have the prices gone up by 10% which would allow people to get out? I ask because i have a year left on my plan with my HTC. now thinking i fancy a Blackberry. Would they demand the phone back? Would i be able to cancel current deal only to open a new deal with vodafone? Thanks for any help

jonesytheblade;7727127

Im not sure i understand this, have the prices gone up by 10% which would … Im not sure i understand this, have the prices gone up by 10% which would allow people to get out? I ask because i have a year left on my plan with my HTC. now thinking i fancy a Blackberry. Would they demand the phone back? Would i be able to cancel current deal only to open a new deal with vodafone? Thanks for any help

Vodafone have made changes to the T&C's. If these changes cause your bill to up by more than 10% then you should be able to come out of the contract at no cost. Thats the basis anyway.

davidn84;7727170

Vodafone have made changes to the T&C's. If these changes cause your bill … Vodafone have made changes to the T&C's. If these changes cause your bill to up by more than 10% then you should be able to come out of the contract at no cost. Thats the basis anyway.

repped :thumbsup:

Going to follow this thread and hopefully someone in the know will be able to give us some advice

davidn84;7727170

Vodafone have made changes to the T&C's. If these changes cause your bill … Vodafone have made changes to the T&C's. If these changes cause your bill to up by more than 10% then you should be able to come out of the contract at no cost. Thats the basis anyway.

im guessing this change wont affect many people then unless they constantly call worldwide numbers? i moved to vodafone in november and after checking how good service etc was on their website i can hardly get a signal anywhere :x apart from that their call centre is useless and the people can harldly speak our language! will be moving back to 02 as soon as i can get out!

Kerz67;7727206

im guessing this change wont affect many people then unless they … im guessing this change wont affect many people then unless they constantly call worldwide numbers? i moved to vodafone in november and after checking how good service etc was on their website i can hardly get a signal anywhere :x apart from that their call centre is useless and the people can harldly speak our language! will be moving back to 02 as soon as i can get out!

surely you could say your planning on travelling through summer months and the price change isnt what you signed up too?

Is anyone going to try and phone up and argue about how you "might" make future international calls and how this might affect you?

.... Even though you have no history of making any

berry333;7726957

Does that mean we must have made an international call to have a leg to … Does that mean we must have made an international call to have a leg to stand on to leave?

Yes essentially as you have to prove the changes will from then on increase you bill.

davidn84;7727170

+1

jonesytheblade;7727292

surely you could say your planning on travelling through summer months … surely you could say your planning on travelling through summer months and the price change isnt what you signed up too?

No as they can change the t&c's at any point. It's for you to prove in essence that it will cost you more.
    So you could try, but I believe what happened in this case before was that the operator ended up paying the price increase difference as a settlement and the guy ended up losing out big style because he had used a service that he wouldn't normally use.

So if you are legitimately going to use the service and think it will cost you more I would contact them now and express your concerns and I would expect them to credit you with the difference should you use the service until your contract finishes.

thanks for that Gavin

General Condition 9.3 is one of the rules that all communications providers have to adhere to. vodafone can change prices but if it makes changes to customers’ contracts it has to comply with GC9.3 which says:

GC 9.3 Where the Communications Provider intends to modify a condition in a contract with a Consumer which is likely to be of material detriment to the Consumer, the Communications Provider shall:

(a) provide the Consumer with at least one month’s notice of its intention detailing the proposed modification; and

(b) inform the Consumer of the ability to terminate the contract without penalty if the proposed modification is not acceptable to the Consumer.

so i'l give it ago...

mcdexsta;7728654

General Condition 9.3 is one of the rules that all communications … General Condition 9.3 is one of the rules that all communications providers have to adhere to. vodafone can change prices but if it makes changes to customers’ contracts it has to comply with GC9.3 which says:GC 9.3 Where the Communications Provider intends to modify a condition in a contract with a Consumer which is likely to be of material detriment to the Consumer, the Communications Provider shall:(a) provide the Consumer with at least one month’s notice of its intention detailing the proposed modification; and(b) inform the Consumer of the ability to terminate the contract without penalty if the proposed modification is not acceptable to the Consumer.so i'l give it ago...

let us know how you get on please :thumbsup:

mcdexsta;7728654

General Condition 9.3 is one of the rules that all communications … General Condition 9.3 is one of the rules that all communications providers have to adhere to. vodafone can change prices but if it makes changes to customers’ contracts it has to comply with GC9.3 which says:GC 9.3 Where the Communications Provider intends to modify a condition in a contract with a Consumer which is likely to be of material detriment to the Consumer, the Communications Provider shall:(a) provide the Consumer with at least one month’s notice of its intention detailing the proposed modification; and(b) inform the Consumer of the ability to terminate the contract without penalty if the proposed modification is not acceptable to the Consumer.so i'l give it ago...

That to me says that you have to be using the service quite often for it to actually affect you. So if you've never made an international call then i doubt this rule will apply.

got an email back claiming to not know what txt i was talking about and therefore I would need to pay 180 pounds! i'l try a letter and see how it goes. its worth a shot managed it with three a year ago. i do note the comments about material detriment but that could potentially include calls i wanted to make this summer!

davidn84;7729027

That to me says that you have to be using the service quite often for it … That to me says that you have to be using the service quite often for it to actually affect you. So if you've never made an international call then i doubt this rule will apply.

Isn't this aboutbeing abroad whilst making and receiving calls rather than being based in the UK and calling abroad?

I would think that they cannot discount that people will plan to travel in the future and could be affected by the price increases.

mcdexsta;7733658

got an email back claiming to not know what txt i was talking about and … got an email back claiming to not know what txt i was talking about and therefore I would need to pay 180 pounds! i'l try a letter and see how it goes. its worth a shot managed it with three a year ago. i do note the comments about material detriment but that could potentially include calls i wanted to make this summer!

how did you do it with 3?

nobody had any luck with this then?

had a few emails bounced back saying that its absolutely fine for them to change the contract and their prices...i've sent one back asking them to clarify this and that they dont abide by OFCOM regs! we'll see but not going well...with 'three' i remember loads of people got away with it but it was all calls rather than just international calls.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheer me up please?1431
      2. Walker crisps34
      3. love affairs2063
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …67

See more discussions