Vodafone Charges for using your PAC Code on the 11th Month?

Found 3rd May 2012
Normally when you are in a contract you have to pay a month in advanced and you get your last month free.

I started on the 01/06/11 and have to give 31 days notice to leave (anytime from the 11th month). So I have from the 01/05/12 to leave.

I paid my bills from:

1st 04/06/11 (full amount even though I started 01/06)
2nd 04/07/11
3rd 04/08/11
4th 04/09/11
5th 04/10/11
6th 04/11/11
7th 04/12/11
8th 04/01/11
9th 04/02/11
10th 04/03/11
11th 04/04/11
12th 04/05/11 (By this date would have paid 12 months)

I phoned up to cancel my contract on the 01/05/12 (so would end on the 01/06/12) and asked for my PAC code. I asked if I would get my last month free or less than what I normally pay as I was paying in advance but they said no. Vodafone also said I would get charged if I use the PAC code before the 01/06 (on the last date of my contract).

I then said: "What if I have paid a month in advanced then my last month should be free or lower than what I normally pay, as I was charged the full amount within 3 days of my starting period. And if I use the PAC code straight away on the 01/05 would I still be charged extra for the last month even though I am cut off from the network (not able to use it) as I have paid in advanced and get charge on top for using the PAC code as well.”

They were a little confused and saw my point after a while but could not answer me as their computer says different.

Does this happen on any other network?

Am I doing something wrong?
Community Updates
MiscVodafone
6 Comments
I'm on t-mobile and for me it goes like this:
middle of every monthly cycle, i have to pay last month's extra charges + this month's base rate. so on the last month, i would still have to pay the norm and the month after my contract is over, i'd have to pay the extras from the last month.
You will continue to be charged until you use your PAC code (30 days to use), once used and disconnected you will then get a final bill which will credit you any line rental paid over the disconnection date (unless you disconnected before 12 months then you will be charged from disconnection date to end of contract date)
Do you mean PAC rather than PUK? I am I the exact same situation with vodafone. I requested a pac on the 11th month anniversary of getting the contract. I got the pac by email along with a notice they they are going to charge me an early termination charge as my full 12 months wasn't up before giving notice. If you wait until then full 12 months are up, you don't have to give notice as you are no longer obliged to give notice to terminate the contract. I figured if they are going to charge me for the final month, I may as well use it.
redduck

Do you mean PAC rather than PUK? I am I the exact same situation with … Do you mean PAC rather than PUK? I am I the exact same situation with vodafone. I requested a pac on the 11th month anniversary of getting the contract. I got the pac by email along with a notice they they are going to charge me an early termination charge as my full 12 months wasn't up before giving notice. If you wait until then full 12 months are up, you don't have to give notice as you are no longer obliged to give notice to terminate the contract. I figured if they are going to charge me for the final month, I may as well use it.

Yes sorry I ment PAC code.

But didnt you pay in advance so already have paid 12 payments in the 11th month?

I was wondering what would they do if you ask for you PAC code on the 12th month and by then have paid in advance so paid for 13 months but transfer your number over at the start of the 12 month. Do you get your money back as you would not be using their network but have alrady paid for it?

Its silly that they charge you even though you have already paid for the last month in advance and they say you can cancel 31 days before your 12 month contract to give them 31 day notice . So on top for the 12th month (which you have already paid for) plus more.

Say for example if you started the contract on the 01/01/11 and was paying for the bill on the 01/02/11 for the 1st month and so on (not paying in advance). Then I see why you would have to pay for the PAC code when used because if the contract ended on 01/01/12 and have to give 31 days notice from the 01/12/11 then you would have only paid for the 11 months so should cost you the amount they charge for the final month.

But as we paid for the final month in the 11th month then they are trying to gain more money.

Edited by: "noddle36" 3rd May 2012
@Noddle36 sorry about the delay relying but... I have just got off the phone to vodafone having served my full 12 months as of today. I have recieved my PAC code and got a confirmationthat I don't need to give them 30 days notice or pay an early termination fee as I am out of contrat (today!). If you happen to stray into your 12th month and they have billed you for it, you will have to pay the line rental for the full month and then phone them to claim a refund. Of course, they expect you to forget and they get to keep the money. Another scam!

So ultimately, you dont have to pay for the 13th, you just have to make sure you ask for your PAC 12 months to the day of joining the network. I hope this helps.
redduck

@Noddle36 sorry about the delay relying but... I have just got off the … @Noddle36 sorry about the delay relying but... I have just got off the phone to vodafone having served my full 12 months as of today. I have recieved my PAC code and got a confirmationthat I don't need to give them 30 days notice or pay an early termination fee as I am out of contrat (today!). If you happen to stray into your 12th month and they have billed you for it, you will have to pay the line rental for the full month and then phone them to claim a refund. Of course, they expect you to forget and they get to keep the money. Another scam!So ultimately, you dont have to pay for the 13th, you just have to make sure you ask for your PAC 12 months to the day of joining the network. I hope this helps.

Cheers mate thanks for the info, I was thinking to do that to but they had put my bill from £10.50 to £20.50 so I would have to pay the top end for my last months usage (been as though I have paid 12 pyments of my £10.50). The issue I have with going over my 12th month is I am on holiday from 24th May to 6th June and would have to pay depending on when I use the pac unless I can call from abroad hmm.

Might aswell not use the pac code. I feel even if I dont use the pac code they will still charge for a cancelation fee even though I gave them 30 days notice before my contact has ended. I have been with 3 and T-mobile and never had this problem before.

I might tell them about already paying my last months bill so why am I charged a cancelation fee on top.

The manager of the department I was with is going to ring me back (not to sure when) and I will see what he has to say.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants