Groups

Vodafone Contract 18 month want to downgrade

hi i,m 13 months into my 18 month mobile contract can i downgrade now? if so what does it involve, if i do downgrade, does that mean what ever i downgrade to i,m tied to another 18 month contract with whatever plan i choose, or is it just the remaining few months then i get to upgrade or choose a new plan once the 18 month is up?

11 Comments

when i was in a 12 month contract with them they allowed me to down grade after 9 months....why not call em

Original Poster

have never downgraded before, just wondered whats involved if i do, i have about 5 months left on my contract, if i ask to downgrade, for my remaining months, does that tie me into another 18 month contract:? or just for the remaining 5 months left on my contract

I 'think' Voda have change to only letting you drop in the last month of the contract. It won't tie you in to a new contract just what remains on the old one, but they'll only let you move one price plan down.

Original Poster

thanks guys just downgraded mine, well i say downgraded, i got more mins and texts than what i was originally on and best of all 5 quid cheaper lol, well impressed lol thanks for comments

n1ttygr1tty;6968570

thanks guys just downgraded mine, well i say downgraded, i got more mins … thanks guys just downgraded mine, well i say downgraded, i got more mins and texts than what i was originally on and best of all 5 quid cheaper lol, well impressed lol thanks for comments

did they say whether you had started a new contract or is that just for the remainder of your current one? how did u get more mins and txts? did u sacrifice something else like internet?

Thanks.

Original Poster

hi no its just for the final 5 months, they were doing new tarriffs, i keep my internet, i get 300 mins and unlimited texts, for £25

Original Poster

my old contract came with 200 mins, and 500 texts, with internet for £30 that was 13 months ago tho, so deal i got now is better lol, dont ask me why

thanks for the reply,
    thats quite good, il have to call them up cuz im on a similar tariff so il see if i can downgrade, and see what the outcome is

n1ttygr1tty;6972292

my old contract came with 200 mins, and 500 texts, with internet for £30 … my old contract came with 200 mins, and 500 texts, with internet for £30 that was 13 months ago tho, so deal i got now is better lol, dont ask me why

i'm with vodafone too, i've got 3 months of an 18 month contract left, i get 600mins unlimited txts and internet and a free n95 8G for £34 and a few p, looks like you got a raw deal from the beginning

Original Poster

had the latest samsung tocco when it first came out aswell,so thats prob why i had a low ish package, but it was fine for me at the time, it was retention deal as i had been with them a while, so i only paid £15 for the first 12 months then £30 for the remaining 6 months, so all in all, it wasnt that bad a deal at the time, would never pay more than 30 a month for a phone looking at your deal it works out way more expensive than mine even tho u do get more mins n texts

Original Poster

mine equates to 12x£15 + 6x£30 = £360
    yours equates to 18x £34 =£612

ok if u use all ur texts n mins, but for me it was just about right what i had
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Chromecast11
      2. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost518
      3. Ditched Sky55
      4. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?22

See more discussions