Expired

Vodafone contract cancel

Found 9th Jun 2016
Today I got a text message from Vodafone saying that my T and C are changing and I can cancel my contract without any fee.

From 23 July 2016 we are changing some of our prices. This change does not affect any of your inclusive minutes, text or data bundles. To see how these changes impact you please visit vdfn.co/PAYM-3

vodafone.co.uk/cam…jsq

So I can cancel my contract keep the phone

I'm on a £78 tarrif a month now but my initial contract was £70 they changed it 2days ago with a 30 days if u need to change and go back to my old tarrif .then they send me this text

For people who thinks that I'm paying a lot

My initial contract was £70 20% discount makes it £56 * 12=£629
£179 for the phone
So in total I pay £875
However I can upgrade after 9 months which means £875-(56*3)
=£707
The phone when it came out was £629 I guess or more
£707-£629=£78 for 9 months a bundle which unclouded Netflix
So if I take of Netflix which is £7.49 now
£7.49*9=£67.41

So £78 -£67.41=£10.59 that's what I pay for 9 months I hope this helps to understand my situation and I do like new phones every year

And I'm sure I'm eligible to be in hotukdeals
Lol
Community Updates
153 Comments
I would like to get more information from the members
£78 a month? Are you new to HUKD?
Yeah probably not going to allow you to cancel but will fix till end of contract.
I got the same info by text. But doesn't offer to cancel in the linked web page. I got out of an O2 contract when T&Cs changed and I kept the phone
yeah you should be able to keep the phone as they have breached the contract if only o2 would do this
55p a minute?!
Wow
Please can you let us know why you specifically received this link. I also received a text today but don't know if this applies to me in same way and Is there another way to cancel than snail mail. What tariff are you on ie what's included.
I didn't get a text
I got the same text but nothing about coming out of the contract free
darrenhutton

£78 a month? Are you new to HUKD?

Hey I'm on a 12 months also get 20% nhs discount
Upgrade every 9 months
Vodafone? Are you new to HUKD?

MoneySavingExpert.com believes there have been "potentially systematic failings" at the phone company which could affect nearly all of its 20 million customers.
Reported problems include:
Customers being put on the wrong tariff
Direct debits being incorrectly set up with customers then chased for late payments
Customers being double or even triple charged
Payments being taken even after a customer has cancelled
Credit agencies wrongly being told customers have missed payments
Looking at those out of bundle price changes, its like they are trying to shed customers... Time to leave if you are in contract, be mad not to. And yes you can keep the phone because its either a free gift or you have paid a fee for it. Its their choice to bump the prices knowing full well that people have the right to leave.
drbenedetto

Please can you let us know why you specifically received this link. I … Please can you let us know why you specifically received this link. I also received a text today but don't know if this applies to me in same way and Is there another way to cancel than snail mail. What tariff are you on ie what's included.

I'm on Vodafone red

They rang me couple of days ago and changed my tarrif

30 days change of mind thing

I accepted cos I was going away to Europe and I didn't have to pay £3 a day. So will go back to original tarrif.

My original tarrif was £70
All inclusive
15gb data
12 months
With Netflix

pompey77

I didn't get a text

Click the link on the text
These comments are unfair. The guy/girl isn't recommending Vodafone. He's saying there's a way of escaping from them!
not everyone gets the text because it may not apply to some types of plan, connected before or after a certain date
Vodafone are a bunch off ****************, they sell an amazing service, but provide below basic and when challenged fob you off, I hope I get the text, I can then move, nobody can be as bad as Vodafone and their guaranteed coverage, you get a booster on your own wifi and even that does not work all the time! , it's just like all this Euro debate, so #vodaexit
Ps not made a decision about the eu yet!
Op I have sent some heat, thank you for info
Thanks, will give it a bash.
Any idea which contracts these are?
rnr81

not everyone gets the text because it may not apply to some types of … not everyone gets the text because it may not apply to some types of plan, connected before or after a certain date

Mine I only upgraded in November
andrewangelow

Mine I only upgraded in November

Which tariff is it?

I'm on a £78 tarrif a month

Lol - I'm on Life mobile £6 a month
CoolElectronics

Lol - I'm on Life mobile £6 a month

20% discount on top
I got iPhone 6s
12months

Works cheaper than buying the phone pal
Also you get your new phone in 9 months time
Early upgrade
Happened last year similar thing and they never accepted cancellation.
I'm just interest in cancelling the contract and keep the phone free
Move to a cheaper sim only crap
hope this is right bye bye vodafone

As good as this is for those who qualify, the important bit is:

This information only applies if you received a text from us directing … This information only applies if you received a text from us directing you here.

To get out of a 78£ contract bite thire hand off if you want to stay with Vodafone maybe consider this deal but I don't think they offer Netflix anymore hotukdeals.com/dea…929
Customer agreement
I have read and agree to the following:

D, Changing services and charges. Vodafone sometimes has to
put up its charges or change the services during my agreement.
If this happens, you will tell me beforehand (unless it relates to
additional services or out of bundle services I don’t use regularly).
I can read more about this in clauses 7 and 11 of the agreement. In
particular:
• Bundle charges: Each April my bundle charges will increase
by an amount equal to the RPI rate published by the Office
for National Statistics in March. You will apply the RPI rate
adjustment in my April bill following the publication of the RPI
rate. If the RPI rate is a decrease, my bundle charges will not be
reduced. If you increase my bundle charges above the RPI rate
or more than once per calendar year I’ll have a right to end this
agreement in line with clause 11 (b).

11. Ending this agreement
b. You may end this agreement by writing to us if:
• we tell you that there will be an increase in the bundle charge
above the RPI rate published in March of each year or we
increase your bundle charge by more than once per calendar
year and you write to us within one month of us telling you
about the increase;
• we change this agreement (excluding the additional services)
to your material detriment. This includes (i) increasing out of
bundle charges which we shall calculate (acting reasonably and
based on regulatory requirements) to determine whether such
increases are likely to be to your material detriment (including
how often you use the relevant out of bundle service); or (ii)
materially changing or withdrawing services. We will tell you if
this is the case. You need to write to us within one month of us
telling you about the material change, withdrawal or increase.
This does not apply if this is a change to or withdrawal of
additional services not included in your bundle, which we and
you can cancel (or stop using) without ending this agreement.

Ofcom guidance
stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/bin…pdf
Edited by: "winchman" 10th Jun 2016
my sis in law bought a basic 100£ phone on a 35 tariff for two years when I explained her how silly that was she cancelled the contract within grace period. now 3 months dozen of calls and emails after they still haven't send the bag to collect phone keep sending her bills and took first month by DD which was cancelled later.
they don't want to give return address or don't allow returning at their shop either. when I told the manager I'm recording my call she hungup saying its against her human rights such jokers
I recieved this text but when I follow the link the text about leaving is not present ? Does this then not apply ?
Isn't this based on you making a couple of out of bundle charges to your account for a couple of months before the change?

There needs to be a detrimental effect to you. If you have kept within your bundle then i think they will say it won't affect you. Daft because there is no guarantee that in future you won't end up paying the higher prices. Ultimately its a change to the original contract you agreed, to my mind they should allow you to leave if you like, but thats my opinion.

consumers.ofcom.org.uk/new…es/
Other charges:
The Guidance is also not applicable to price increases outside of the core monthly subscription price(note 6) For mobile customers, for example, these typically include charges for exceeding a monthly inclusive allowance, premium rate services, non-geographic calls and directory enquiries.
Note 6. These are the prices for services that fall outside of the relevant core (usually monthly) subscription, and which are billed only when such services are used by the customer. Although the Guidance Ofcom is issuing today does not apply to non-subscription prices, any increases to these prices will still remain subject to Ofcom’s General Conditions (including General Condition 9.6) and the relevant consumer legislation.
Edited by: "winchman" 10th Jun 2016
dounavilla

I recieved this text but when I follow the link the text about leaving is … I recieved this text but when I follow the link the text about leaving is not present ? Does this then not apply ?

If you received the text then i would say it applies to you. Again, what tariff and when did you join? Its looking like a general price increase to all looking at this link.
vodafone.co.uk/exp…es/
dounavilla

I recieved this text but when I follow the link the text about leaving is … I recieved this text but when I follow the link the text about leaving is not present ? Does this then not apply ?

​nope
I've been with Vodafone for over 10 years and never had a problem. Always got really good upgrades with tariffs that have been cheaper than the rest. Of course you have to haggle with them but you have to with most companies. I really don't get all the Vodafone haters.
My current deal is a sim only deal. £8.50 for 12 months. Unlimited texts, unlimited minutes and 4gb of data (3 months unlimited). And I'm getting 3 months free... I really can't complain!
Why the hell are some of you paying £70 a month for a mobile contract? That's absolutely ludicrous! Even with a phone included.
DanB89

Why the hell are some of you paying £70 a month for a mobile contract? … Why the hell are some of you paying £70 a month for a mobile contract? That's absolutely ludicrous! Even with a phone included.

£78 this is what they offered 2 days ago
My initial contract was £70 20% discount makes it £56 * 12=£629
£179 for the phone
So in total I pay £875
However I can upgrade after 9 months which means £875-(56*3)
=£707
The phone when it came out was £629 I guess or more
£707-£629=£78 for 9 months a bundle which unclouded Netflix
So if I take of Netflix which is £7.49 now
£7.49*9=£67.41

So £78 -£67.41=£10.59 that's what I pay for 9 months I hope this helps to understand my situation and I do like new phones every year

And I'm sure I'm eligible to be in hotukdeals
Lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants