Vodafone declined my qudico

16 replies
Found 3rd Jan
i just seen on my qudico that vodafone declined my £60 cashback when i took out the £20 20GB data ulimited mins deal

i clicked the link through qudico and gave them correct info but they havent given a reson for decline Anyone else had issues.

1. Ask
  2. Vodafone
16 Comments

this is why mobile phone deals with cashback go so cold

thegamer147

Vodafone declined my qudicoi just seen on my qudico that vodafone … Vodafone declined my qudicoi just seen on my qudico that vodafone declined my £60 cashback when i took out the £20 20GB data ulimited mins deali clicked the link through qudico and gave them correct info but they havent given a reson for decline Anyone else had issues.

It looks like you need a better mobile handset.

Instead of "qudico" (or Quidco), try TopCashback.co.uk.

Cashback is not guarenteed and the retailer can say no and thats it.

agree topcashback does seam so much better..

Vodafone. Says it all.

littleloui04

Vodafone. Says it all.

Power to you.

Unfortunately this can often happen with cashback. As others have said it is never guaranteed and they may refuse legitimate transactions that track without giving reason and the cashback sites cant do much about it. It is almost discretionary payment. I have only done vodafone through mobilephonesdirect, which worked fine.

I did life mobile through tcb and neither of the two sim contracts got paid. I have done several ee through tcb and they always paid. I think some retailers are less reliable than others.

Dawsy

*seem

Dawsy

I find Quidco much better. The next person may differ.

I used quidco and had declines. I have moved to tcb and also get declines. I think it is more the retailer than the cashback companies as they cant do much when the retailer refuse to pay. Tcb has a stats of reliability for the retailer concerned to help purchasers see how reliable a retailer is at paying out.

ashmac

this is why mobile phone deals with cashback go so cold

Mobiles cold cashback is usually related to in-term redemption cashback arrangements, not the initial purchase.

mutley1

Unfortunately this can often happen with cashback. As others have said … Unfortunately this can often happen with cashback. As others have said it is never guaranteed and they may refuse legitimate transactions that track without giving reason and the cashback sites cant do much about it. It is almost discretionary payment. I have only done vodafone through mobilephonesdirect, which worked fine.I did life mobile through tcb and neither of the two sim contracts got paid. I have done several ee through tcb and they always paid. I think some retailers are less reliable than others.

I can never understand how retailers can be allowed to decline legitimate cashback claims.
I wonder if they deny payment to other affiliate linking sites too (hukd as an example or even Google).

It should be contractual on their part and obligatory - if a sale is made as a result of an affiliate link then they should pay out, after all the affiliate is (for all intents and purposes) a type of re-seller/middle man and should receive commission.

118luke

I can never understand how retailers can be allowed to decline legitimate … I can never understand how retailers can be allowed to decline legitimate cashback claims.I wonder if they deny payment to other affiliate linking sites too (hukd as an example or even Google).It should be contractual on their part and obligatory - if a sale is made as a result of an affiliate link then they should pay out, after all the affiliate is (for all intents and purposes) a type of re-seller/middle man and should receive commission.

No one should make a purchase on the basis of cashback though. You should always ask yourself if you'd still be happy with the deal without cashback. TCB and Quidco make it clear that cashback is never guaranteed, so I suspect companies have no legal requirement to pay. Essentially it's a free gift and has no bearing on (or reference within) the contract you're signing.

Having said that, I've always received cashback. I'd take it up with Quidco directly, since they might do something for you.

I did precisely one Quidco deal over Christmas, as I only bother when it is a £100+ purchase - and despite getting all the right messages before/during/after the purchase; it has never appeared on my account.

118luke

I can never understand how retailers can be allowed to decline legitimate … I can never understand how retailers can be allowed to decline legitimate cashback claims.I wonder if they deny payment to other affiliate linking sites too (hukd as an example or even Google).It should be contractual on their part and obligatory - if a sale is made as a result of an affiliate link then they should pay out, after all the affiliate is (for all intents and purposes) a type of re-seller/middle man and should receive commission.

​This bugs me too.
What if I decide to refuse to pay a legitimate bill?
Different story then.

Used to use TCB all the time but had a big batch of declines, had a great run on Quidco but same now.

I just pick highest paying and figure a decline would be the same on either site...

Earned over £1000 on TCB, over £800 on Quidco. Never had a problem on either site (any untracked cashback sorted after a manual claim) until this year, where TCB have randomly declined any transaction that should pay over £10. Genuine, fully legitimate transactions with a paper trail of proof that items have been paid for etc, declined for alleged "non-payment".

TCB and their affiliate networks are a bunch of liars and frauds, and I'd stay well away.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769297
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604801
    3. Coming up to bonfire night ...2130
    4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652

See more discussions