Vodafone & EE marketing illegal streaming

Found 1st Mar 2016
Hi all,

Just thought I would ask the question, has anyone ever received a marketing call from the above or any other network operators offering a tablet with free sports and films by downloading the mobdro app?

EE attempted it with me but I was aware what the app was and challenged them and got quite a substantial goodwill credit as an apology.

Today a friend called to say Vodafone offered him the exact same, so obviously this sale tool is being used by multiple companies and it's annoying me that people are falling for this scam.

The friend is going to ofcom but I'm curious to hear if anyone else has had this sales tactic?

4 Comments

What's this mobdro all about? What's the scam etc?

Original Poster

Getting people to take out a tablet on 24month contract with the expectation of getting free sports on any android device, they don't tell you until you agree to the deal about the app. Mobdro is illegal streaming app

momartin

What's this mobdro all about? What's the scam etc?

Ha ha ha.....install it,watch few films and then get txt from 85878 & will be charged £3.00 per week.
Happened to my mates, this is clearly scam. Be careful !

Rimi

Ha ha ha.....install it,watch few films and then get txt from 85878 & … Ha ha ha.....install it,watch few films and then get txt from 85878 & will be charged £3.00 per week.Happened to my mates, this is clearly scam. Be careful !

Ah right, never used it - or even heard of it! Thanks for the info.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions